Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Venting My Spleen 22:16 - Aug 16 with 10849 viewsDWQPR

Totally wasted my evening tonight watching that clueless lot in particular Johansen who totally stopped us playing in the first half by completing a one man press on our own defence. I cannot for the life of me think that Beale intended that but for nigh on 45 minutes we were back to the pedestrian passing around the defence whilst half the team stood around wondering if the ball would ever reach the half way line. Then we have Dykes. Now I’ve tried to be patient with him but he should have had two goals with his eyes shut tonight and on top of that his movement and anticipation is non existent. Paal doesn’t seem to be much of an improvement on Niko and Dozzell is a ghost. We are lacking in so many areas and to me this recruitment team seem to have many more misses than hits. How nobody had the nouse to get Josh Bowler back, who obviously would have been well within our budget is beyond me. The only shining light this evening was Armstrong. And as for Beale we have now seen in five games about two halves that were worth the watch.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Venting My Spleen on 10:10 - Aug 17 with 1452 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Venting My Spleen on 10:02 - Aug 17 by ParkRoyalR

So who missed that sitter last night, who played a superb give + go that maybe he should have found the corner with, who ran the length of the pitch on 45+1 to block Bowler's shot for the fortuitous rebound, who made a great flick-on late one to send Sinclair through for a very good goal scoring chance,

Twitter level comments are best suited to Twitter.

For 90 minutes of football you’ve listed three positive things that he did. One of which was miss a sitter.

Armstrong had 70 minutes less and contributed at least 5x more.

Not sure how you can defend his performance last night. He barely impacted the game aside from missing one chance that was easier to score than miss. He worked hard and still produced next to nothing. He’s not the only problem but he absolutely is a problem in my eyes.
Venting My Spleen on 10:10 - Aug 17 with 1452 viewsdaveB

There are problems all over the pitch it's hard to know where to start.

Paal looked just as bad as Niko, I liked Laird showed great attitude after losing the ball second half to sprint back to left back and win it back. The midfield is where the big problems are.

Beale has tried to reinvent the wheel switching Stef and Field around, both of them look far poorer players in different roles. The whole team is just far too narrow, no width at all so no protection for full backs and very easy to defend against as all of our attacking players are playing in congested areas.

Really we should have won the game had we taken one of several very good chances in the first but second half we created absolutly nothing.

Also, tin hat on, the safe standing did nothing to improve the atmsophere. Was as dead as it always is midweek when we're not playing well.
Venting My Spleen on 10:27 - Aug 17 with 1398 viewsHunterhoop

Venting My Spleen on 08:38 - Aug 17 by dmm

Summer of 2017. £1.5m rising to £4.25m plus in add ons which I doubt we'd have received.

Well, £1.5m is still decent money for a lad who played one game for us and ended up back in our league. Worth more now, mind. But we’d have had to renew his contract several times by now to keep hold and he’s not better than Willock.
Venting My Spleen on 10:33 - Aug 17 with 1359 viewsParkRoyalR

Venting My Spleen on 10:10 - Aug 17 by Padulas_Shampoo

For 90 minutes of football you’ve listed three positive things that he did. One of which was miss a sitter.

Armstrong had 70 minutes less and contributed at least 5x more.

Not sure how you can defend his performance last night. He barely impacted the game aside from missing one chance that was easier to score than miss. He worked hard and still produced next to nothing. He’s not the only problem but he absolutely is a problem in my eyes.

I could list more including the great technique he showed with that flicked header in the middle of the park, and some good lay-offs, yes Sinclair had two great runs and arguably missed the goal-scoring chance Dykes flicked on to him but was also naively off-side on 3 occasions, including that late missed header when he was looking across the line.

I am confident in our attack this year if Willock remains fit and stays with us, more concerned with our midfield given Amos's ongoing fitness issues, likewise SJ's and Dozzell's aversion to running.

I get Dykes is an easy scape goat but not passing to SJ last night when he thought he was off-side was slow thinking at best and for that he deserves criticism. Other than that, he was certainly no worse than the other XI last night.
Venting My Spleen on 10:34 - Aug 17 with 1355 viewsrobith

I am famously a big happy clapper, but that was absolute wretched stuff last night.

For me Beale's biggest task is motivational as much as tactical. The shadow of last year's collapse looms large in their psyches. Clear correlation between performance levels from those not involved last season
Venting My Spleen on 10:35 - Aug 17 with 1346 viewsHunterhoop

Venting My Spleen on 10:34 - Aug 17 by robith

I am famously a big happy clapper, but that was absolute wretched stuff last night.

For me Beale's biggest task is motivational as much as tactical. The shadow of last year's collapse looms large in their psyches. Clear correlation between performance levels from those not involved last season

Good point. But there is a tactical issue here too. Our full backs are constantly facing 2 on 1 situations and we don’t have any width in attack. Certainly not width provided by players used to playing on the wing.
Venting My Spleen on 10:40 - Aug 17 with 1331 viewsStreathamRanger

Watching Laird last night, I noticed how much he was hugging the touchline when we were in possession but we almost never managed to get the ball out to him. He seemed to be in plenty of space on a number of occasions but Dickie tended to chose the one yard pass to Johansen instead who then tended to give it straight back to him by which point Blackpool were set up to defend our attacks far too easily.

Why were they able to play the ball out, beat our press and get the ball out wide more regularly? I'm not sure they have better players but they certainly seemed more confident and perhaps better coached.
Venting My Spleen on 10:47 - Aug 17 with 1308 viewsDejR_vu

Venting My Spleen on 10:27 - Aug 17 by Hunterhoop

Well, £1.5m is still decent money for a lad who played one game for us and ended up back in our league. Worth more now, mind. But we’d have had to renew his contract several times by now to keep hold and he’s not better than Willock.

Well that depends on your POV, I guess.

I think most agree that we need to develop players and get maximum value for them. I would prefer to be rejecting bids of £4m+, you’re happy with £1.5m plus saving a bit on wages. Difference of opinion

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Login to get fewer ads

Venting My Spleen on 11:20 - Aug 17 with 1249 viewsPaddyhoops

Venting My Spleen on 09:38 - Aug 17 by BrianMcCarthy

Best of luck to your Dad, Paddy.

Thanks Brian and others.
He’s rallied a bit since I got here. He’s had enough troubles bringing up three QPR nut jobs.
Being the only house in a small town who get match of the day in the seventies. ( on top of a big hill and a good signal) We we’re mesmerised by Stanley , Gerry and others.
Hook line and sinker.
He became a fan de facto!!
When he visited here he often came to games . Needless to say we invariably lost including the 6.0 home shellacking by Newcastle!!
Once again thanks for your kind wishes.
Venting My Spleen on 11:26 - Aug 17 with 1211 viewsSonofpugwash

Venting My Spleen on 10:02 - Aug 17 by ParkRoyalR

So who missed that sitter last night, who played a superb give + go that maybe he should have found the corner with, who ran the length of the pitch on 45+1 to block Bowler's shot for the fortuitous rebound, who made a great flick-on late one to send Sinclair through for a very good goal scoring chance,

Twitter level comments are best suited to Twitter.

Yep,top striker and beyond reproach.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Venting My Spleen on 11:29 - Aug 17 with 1192 viewsDamo1962

Venting My Spleen on 06:22 - Aug 17 by paulparker

The last three games we have played Charlton, Sunderland, Blackpool, all three of those teams are pretty poor and are of league one standard , in all three we games we have struggled and the Sunderland game we were lucky to get a point
This team is mentally weak and everytime the opposition attack us we look like conceding
Dykes is pathetic
SJ Is finished at this level
Dozzell is a ghost
I will also question the manager , his tactics are leaving us wide open in the midfield, we are so open it’s a joke also with ten to go he brings on Shodipo instead of uncle , you tell me who is going to make the better chances

The club is heading towards relegation and has been sleepwalking through games since January
We have a clueless board
An unqualified DOF
a rookie manager
a rookie striker who we are hoping brings us out of the brown stuff because our other strikers are useless

We are in trouble big time imo

Long way to go, but our performances in 2022 have a distinct flavour about them. I had us down for bottom six...so not really that surprised. Still too many barely L1 players in the starting eleven at the moment. Fix that, and MB may yet prove me wrong.
Venting My Spleen on 11:30 - Aug 17 with 1196 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Venting My Spleen on 11:26 - Aug 17 by Sonofpugwash

Yep,top striker and beyond reproach.

No one has said he’s a top striker or beyond reproach.
Venting My Spleen on 11:40 - Aug 17 with 1155 viewsDamo1962

Venting My Spleen on 11:30 - Aug 17 by BazzaInTheLoft

True,but plenty are pointing out his I inability...which is just as valid. Thanks he needs to go back to Scotland, as his heart clearly isn't in it.
Venting My Spleen on 11:44 - Aug 17 with 1157 viewsParkRoyalR

Venting My Spleen on 11:30 - Aug 17 by BazzaInTheLoft

Does'nt stop people just making things up, and not just on Twitter, and for those who continually accuse him of being lazy and dis-interested, his press there opened up that opportunity and made keeper make a panicked pass,

However, raising his hands as he thinks he's offside is just so naive, obviously did'nt see the RB so weirdly deep and maybe SJ should have screamed for the pass as could see the RB, but as a striker you have to play to the whistle and for that alone deserves criticism, as that was a game-changing moment....but lazy, dis-interested and invisible, not.
Venting My Spleen on 11:46 - Aug 17 with 1152 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Venting My Spleen on 11:40 - Aug 17 by Damo1962

True,but plenty are pointing out his I inability...which is just as valid. Thanks he needs to go back to Scotland, as his heart clearly isn't in it.

You can’t hinge your season on a 19 year old player who was at Aldershot last season.

It’s not a issue of wether he is good enough (I think overall he is) there are practical considerations too.

We fck him off to St Mirren. Then what?
Venting My Spleen on 11:47 - Aug 17 with 1150 viewsted_hendrix

Venting My Spleen on 10:35 - Aug 17 by Hunterhoop

Good point. But there is a tactical issue here too. Our full backs are constantly facing 2 on 1 situations and we don’t have any width in attack. Certainly not width provided by players used to playing on the wing.

We have three very fast players on our books, Armstrong, Laird and Roberts, all three are forward thinking players and must be a bastard to defend against.
We saw some but very little of that last night, I'm no tactition and never will be but surely we should be utilising these three players to our benifit?
Armstrongs appearance last night got us going a bit but it was all in vain.
I believe we have a pretty decent squad now apart from up front, maybe It's gonna take time to gel but last night for long periods of the game we looked lost out there and devoid of Ideas of how to solve the problem.

We have an awful lot of work to do on the training pitch that's for sure.

We'll see.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Venting My Spleen on 11:48 - Aug 17 with 1141 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Venting My Spleen on 11:44 - Aug 17 by ParkRoyalR

Does'nt stop people just making things up, and not just on Twitter, and for those who continually accuse him of being lazy and dis-interested, his press there opened up that opportunity and made keeper make a panicked pass,

However, raising his hands as he thinks he's offside is just so naive, obviously did'nt see the RB so weirdly deep and maybe SJ should have screamed for the pass as could see the RB, but as a striker you have to play to the whistle and for that alone deserves criticism, as that was a game-changing moment....but lazy, dis-interested and invisible, not.

Exactly.

Case in point the comment above your one.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2022 11:48]
Venting My Spleen on 11:51 - Aug 17 with 1120 viewsParkRoyalR

Venting My Spleen on 11:40 - Aug 17 by Damo1962

His heart clearly is'nt it?

Is this the bloke who played on for the last 15 minutes versus Forest with a really bad injury last season, the bloke who clashed heads so badly with the WBA centre half last year they were both knocked senseless and got up and played on and still bravely led the line as the alternative was a bloke who could'nt even be bothered to get match fit?

Even last night when there was a break in play for Paal's injury I think, you could see him deeper than Dunne at the Loft end just having a bit of a crisis moment obviously mulling over that mistake.

Fair to criticize last nights mistake, but keep this sort of lacks heart nonsense for Twitter.
Venting My Spleen on 13:03 - Aug 17 with 1053 viewsARudd

Venting My Spleen on 11:51 - Aug 17 by ParkRoyalR

His heart clearly is'nt it?

Is this the bloke who played on for the last 15 minutes versus Forest with a really bad injury last season, the bloke who clashed heads so badly with the WBA centre half last year they were both knocked senseless and got up and played on and still bravely led the line as the alternative was a bloke who could'nt even be bothered to get match fit?

Even last night when there was a break in play for Paal's injury I think, you could see him deeper than Dunne at the Loft end just having a bit of a crisis moment obviously mulling over that mistake.

Fair to criticize last nights mistake, but keep this sort of lacks heart nonsense for Twitter.

Think that is a really pragmatic view on Dykes. Personally (and I know its goals we need) his work rate and application this season have been what we need, and above a number of the others.

I really hoped his goal against Boro, which was very well taken, would kick start his scoring form, but sadly not.

As Clive had pointed out eloquently a number of times, we cannot spend money and 15-20 goal strikers cost, even in this league. So we are going to have to have goals coming from across the team.

Once again the service in was, generally poor, wing backs not wing-backing and when they did poor crossing.

Too many times when he won headers as the target man, there was nobody to take the flick on and that must be demoralising after you've taken the tenth smack in the back of the head for nothing.

There's a lot more needed from Dykes (and many others) but despite my frustrations, we do, I think, need to continue to show them support because the fans aren't going to change the tactics or the team sheet or the signings. Yep, we can have a moan but for the next game we have to be behind all of our team.

Just MHO amongst many more learned and informed spectators!!
Venting My Spleen on 13:09 - Aug 17 with 1037 viewsNorthernr

I'm fuming with that last night. I'll try and be pragmatic and stick up for them and whatever but fck me that was abysmal.
Venting My Spleen on 13:12 - Aug 17 with 1013 viewsTheChef

Venting My Spleen on 13:09 - Aug 17 by Northernr

I'm fuming with that last night. I'll try and be pragmatic and stick up for them and whatever but fck me that was abysmal.

Can't wait for the match report!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Venting My Spleen on 13:14 - Aug 17 with 1009 viewsrobith

Venting My Spleen on 05:18 - Aug 17 by Paddyhoops

Sat in Luton airport waiting for a flight to Ireland to see my seriously I’ll dad at the moment.
Got about 4 hours sleep as result of getting back from HQ at 11 o clock.
I was hoping for a little high last night before what I know is going be some dark days ahead.
Sadly last night’s performance Was reminiscent of our displays against Peterborough and Barnsley last season. Clueless, inept and very worrying.
Our full backs offered nothing, midfield contained three non creators including Jo Jo and as for dykes , the less said the better.
Plusses were Armstrong. A bit more finesse and he’ll be top class.
Also my new rail seating added much needed atmosphere to the lower loft!!

All strength to you and your dad my man
Venting My Spleen on 13:22 - Aug 17 with 983 viewsParkRoyalR

Venting My Spleen on 13:09 - Aug 17 by Northernr

Northern, I get your frustration but I thought we were worse against Sunderland for 85 minutes and got lucky at both ends of the pitch against Middlesboro, did'nt see Blackburn game but the stats speak for themselves,

Bar a fortunate rebound for Bowler and Dykes's aberration, with a make-shift midfield 3, we only gave them 1 or 2 chances in the 90 and should have taken at least 2 of our chances to change the game.

Althou I get that aberration, the ponderous 1st Half build-up play and the officiating last night was enough to sour the mood, I saw positives in Roberts again, Armstrong's cameo and even Dozzells 2nd Half performance to be optimistic.
Venting My Spleen on 13:33 - Aug 17 with 931 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Venting My Spleen on 13:12 - Aug 17 by TheChef

Can't wait for the match report!

Must be incredibly hard to write those reports now having to go from the highest of highs at Sunderland to this miserable experience last night.
Is it the Players, Managment or system because we are not firing on any cylinders yet
Venting My Spleen on 13:34 - Aug 17 with 930 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Venting My Spleen on 13:22 - Aug 17 by ParkRoyalR

Northern, I get your frustration but I thought we were worse against Sunderland for 85 minutes and got lucky at both ends of the pitch against Middlesboro, did'nt see Blackburn game but the stats speak for themselves,

Bar a fortunate rebound for Bowler and Dykes's aberration, with a make-shift midfield 3, we only gave them 1 or 2 chances in the 90 and should have taken at least 2 of our chances to change the game.

Althou I get that aberration, the ponderous 1st Half build-up play and the officiating last night was enough to sour the mood, I saw positives in Roberts again, Armstrong's cameo and even Dozzells 2nd Half performance to be optimistic.

We should be optimistic because we've been as poor in other games this season too? I'm not sure I get your point.

I take no satisfaction from criticising anyone at QPR but there have been some loud warning signs already this season. We need to address and react to those warning signs immediately otherwise this could be a very problematic season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024