Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Venting My Spleen 22:16 - Aug 16 with 10848 viewsDWQPR

Totally wasted my evening tonight watching that clueless lot in particular Johansen who totally stopped us playing in the first half by completing a one man press on our own defence. I cannot for the life of me think that Beale intended that but for nigh on 45 minutes we were back to the pedestrian passing around the defence whilst half the team stood around wondering if the ball would ever reach the half way line. Then we have Dykes. Now I’ve tried to be patient with him but he should have had two goals with his eyes shut tonight and on top of that his movement and anticipation is non existent. Paal doesn’t seem to be much of an improvement on Niko and Dozzell is a ghost. We are lacking in so many areas and to me this recruitment team seem to have many more misses than hits. How nobody had the nouse to get Josh Bowler back, who obviously would have been well within our budget is beyond me. The only shining light this evening was Armstrong. And as for Beale we have now seen in five games about two halves that were worth the watch.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Venting My Spleen on 00:14 - Aug 17 with 1995 viewsdavman

'Twas horrible.

They were time wasting after 5 minutes, taking an age over throw-ins, deliberately going to the wrong place so that the ref would send them back eating the clock, so when they got in front what we saw in that second half was inevitable.

The ref. was, like all of his mates, tragic. No backbone, no intent to hold up ANY of the laws and then just 4 minutes at the end? F**K OFF.

Off course, its not his fault, its Lyndon Dykes. FOUR clear cut chances and nothing. The boy was shite when he came here and he looks absolutely bereft of confidence right now. Useless.

Yes, he ran around a bit - whoopee fecking do. No strikers instinct in him - can he play in goal on Saturday so that Seny can go up front.

Johansen - absolutely no forward pass in him and no presence defensively. He HAS to be dropped; that was not good enough from a captain - truly shocking performance.

Paal's clip reels showed all these beautiful crosses leading to assists, but where are they; his crossing was beyond woeful. I won't criticise his defending too much (although I could) because this formation leaves our full backs isolated and frequently overloaded. His is a hard ask.

Laird and Roberts, our Prem loanees started well but faded horribly; hope that they were not losing interest.

Yes we have players to come back that will improve us - Willock mainly, but we really miss a proper runner from midfield - Amos or Richards and JCS gives us something, but that showing was poor from too many of our established starters.

But Sinclair Armstrong, eh? BEAST.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Venting My Spleen on 00:16 - Aug 17 with 1993 viewsMrSheen

Venting My Spleen on 23:45 - Aug 16 by R_from_afar

Not that it is saying much but Dozzell was one of our best players tonight

I agree. No-one played well in the first half after the first ten minutes, but in the second Dozzell was only bettered by Armstrong. He threaded five or six passes through to forward runners while everything else was moving sideways or backwards.
Venting My Spleen on 00:22 - Aug 17 with 1947 viewsMyke

Venting My Spleen on 23:54 - Aug 16 by nix

I was near the dug out and he was constantly urging them to bring the ball forward quickly. I don't know why they're not listening to him as they didn't listen to Warbs either.

Moving the ball ponderously means the defence gets time to get in place and makes it really hard to find an outlet to pass to. Blackpool did the opposite, moving the ball quickly, thereby creating spaces in our defence and then supporting their forward line to exploit overlaps.

We looked so static at times when out of desperation in the second half Dickie and Dunne both brought the ball out, in an attempt to bypass the midfield. Our forward line was so static though, apart from Armstrong when he came on, that I thought they might have been having an inplay session of musical statues.

I said before that I don't think Dozzell and Johansen can form a midfield together. No pace or bite from them. Even Field seemed to be making more of an effort to make things happen. You need energy to play a team like Blackpool who seem very fit, able to both execute a high press and then still move the ball at pace when in possession.

It's a very frustrating situation and Beale has a lot to think about.

There was no evidence tonight of the things he talked about pre-season. Expanding the space when you are attacking and reducing the space when defending. Playing with your shoulders facing the opponents goal. Making LR a fortress. If anything, it was Blackpool who were doing the things he expected us to be doing. We are far too narrow going forward , far too stretched when defending. Paal, for all his desire to play like a third CB, still managed to allow Bowler inside him on three separate occasions - one of which proved decisive. If they are not listening to him - and clearly they are not, either during the game or during training - this bodes very poorly going forward.
Venting My Spleen on 00:28 - Aug 17 with 1935 viewsted_hendrix

Just got home, dear me that was just about as an awful performance I've seen for many a Year.
If there's a positive to be found then It was Armstrong I guess, but that's all I honestly don't like pointing the finger at our players who have individual shyte games but Johansen, C'mon do me a favour.
Defeats at home I hate but I can live with, but defeats like todays's or last nights I can't, that really was a poor performance all round.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Venting My Spleen on 00:29 - Aug 17 with 1929 viewsgolborne

Venting My Spleen on 00:02 - Aug 17 by distortR

On Paal, i can quite imagine he wasn't fully fit today but played because the other option is, well.................

….A player who put a cracking cross on a sixpence for dykes in the first half at the weekend - of course he fluffed it. Paal has had 3 games and numerous chances to get a cross right and still hasn’t. Still adjusting and looks ok, but they need to work on that crossing.
Venting My Spleen on 00:35 - Aug 17 with 1906 viewsVancouverHoop

Venting My Spleen on 00:16 - Aug 17 by MrSheen

I agree. No-one played well in the first half after the first ten minutes, but in the second Dozzell was only bettered by Armstrong. He threaded five or six passes through to forward runners while everything else was moving sideways or backwards.

I agree. I don't know what was in his tea at HT but that Dozzell was quite different from the one we've seen before. I hope it's not just a one-off.

As a team their performance wasn't so very different from the one that we saw at Sunderland (bar the last four minutes or so!) I worry we might need to come out of the WC break before we see what MB's really trying to do with this group of players. Clearly there's a lot of work to do.

We know Dieng, Dickie, Dunne, Chair, Field, Willock and others can succeed at this level and there's reason for hope with most of the newcomers too. I guess they, and we, need to be patient and give Beale his shot.
Venting My Spleen on 00:42 - Aug 17 with 1899 viewsPunteR

I thought Dozzel was awful first half but actually ok when Johansen got subbed in the 2nd half. He's an odd player. The game passes him by most of the time but he does make interesting pass selections. I think he's a really nervous player. He needs to build up his confidence.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Venting My Spleen on 01:01 - Aug 17 with 1837 viewsPunteR

I'm not rating Paal atm. Hope he improves as that was abysmal tonight.
Dunne didn't have a great game tbh, I'm a big fan of him usually but thought he looked out of position a lot of the time. Whether that was because he was trying to cover a bit for Paal ,I don't know?.
Laird looked OK on his debut but no better or worse than Kakay.
Johansen has lost that spark he had in that first loan season. Injury, legs have gone?? I dunno.
Dykes is continuing his downward spiral. He can put a shift in but is just not a natural finisher. He should have passed to Johansen, complete brainfart in front of goal. Not good enough at this level.
I wouldn't be so hard on Beale yet, he's obviously got to bed a few players in and get his style in place. It's still early days.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Login to get fewer ads

Venting My Spleen on 01:10 - Aug 17 with 1812 viewsDamo1962

Venting My Spleen on 22:25 - Aug 16 by Wegerles_Stairs

Johansen and Dozzell together is like starting with nine men.

Totally agree. Why those in charge can't see it is beyond me. We have so many passengers in this team.
Venting My Spleen on 01:14 - Aug 17 with 1809 viewsDamo1962

God help us then.
Venting My Spleen on 05:18 - Aug 17 with 1740 viewsPaddyhoops

Sat in Luton airport waiting for a flight to Ireland to see my seriously I’ll dad at the moment.
Got about 4 hours sleep as result of getting back from HQ at 11 o clock.
I was hoping for a little high last night before what I know is going be some dark days ahead.
Sadly last night’s performance Was reminiscent of our displays against Peterborough and Barnsley last season. Clueless, inept and very worrying.
Our full backs offered nothing, midfield contained three non creators including Jo Jo and as for dykes , the less said the better.
Plusses were Armstrong. A bit more finesse and he’ll be top class.
Also my new rail seating added much needed atmosphere to the lower loft!!
Venting My Spleen on 06:22 - Aug 17 with 1693 viewspaulparker

The last three games we have played Charlton, Sunderland, Blackpool, all three of those teams are pretty poor and are of league one standard , in all three we games we have struggled and the Sunderland game we were lucky to get a point
This team is mentally weak and everytime the opposition attack us we look like conceding
Dykes is pathetic
SJ Is finished at this level
Dozzell is a ghost
I will also question the manager , his tactics are leaving us wide open in the midfield, we are so open it’s a joke also with ten to go he brings on Shodipo instead of uncle , you tell me who is going to make the better chances

The club is heading towards relegation and has been sleepwalking through games since January
We have a clueless board
An unqualified DOF
a rookie manager
a rookie striker who we are hoping brings us out of the brown stuff because our other strikers are useless

We are in trouble big time imo

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Venting My Spleen on 07:18 - Aug 17 with 1584 viewskernowhoop

The result was a huge disappointment. We shall not disagree about that. Good chances were missed. But, I saw a lot to be encouraged by. There were a lot of good passing movements. Laird looked good. Dozell played well. Yes, he did. The results will come.
Venting My Spleen on 07:20 - Aug 17 with 1582 viewsBklynRanger

Hope your dad improves Paddy.

Like most people I felt very deflated afterwards, and still this morning watching that. A lot of which has got to be a hangover from last season.

Johansen and Dykes the main concerns of course - one spiraling out of form and the other has only ever had it in flashes really. Don't think we have enough options to continue making Field into the box to box player he wants to be at this point. Once/if we get Amos and Richards fit Sam should go in the Johansen role for now, drop Stef for now. Move Roberts up front once he's properly fit too - Dykes as an option off the bench. I saw Bonne wasn't on the bench possibly fitness or maybe there's a chance of moving him to a line manager role at McVities.

In the minority but thought we were OK second half - had possession further up the pitch and tried to pen Blackpool in at times. The damage was done to the scoreline and morale between roughly minutes 15 and 45 - too many of the old problems.

Ref was clueless and that lino on the SB side should be beaten Basil Fawlty style with his own flag for a good 20 minutes - fcuking unreal.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2022 7:31]
Venting My Spleen on 07:49 - Aug 17 with 1515 viewsR_from_afar

Venting My Spleen on 01:14 - Aug 17 by Damo1962

God help us then.

I pray daily that he will...

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Venting My Spleen on 08:05 - Aug 17 with 1450 viewsDejR_vu

Dykes takes a couple of those chances, totally different game, most likely, different outcome.

All the while we are reliant on this version of Dykes we have a massive problem. He’s had enough chances, we need to cut our losses. He will drag us to relegation.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Venting My Spleen on 08:29 - Aug 17 with 1379 viewsDejR_vu

Venting My Spleen on 22:22 - Aug 16 by bosh67

I think Blackburn had a £4m bid for Bowler turned down so that's why we aren't in the league to bid for what has become a very good player at this level.

Should have been us fielding bids of £4m for him. Another one we can throw on the pile of players we’ve let slip through our fingers under this regime.

Venting My Spleen on 08:32 - Aug 17 with 1374 viewsHunterhoop

Venting My Spleen on 08:29 - Aug 17 by DejR_vu

Should have been us fielding bids of £4m for him. Another one we can throw on the pile of players we’ve let slip through our fingers under this regime.

Didn’t we sell him for somewhere in the range of £2-4m to Everton years back after one appearance at Norwich?
Venting My Spleen on 08:34 - Aug 17 with 1368 viewsDejR_vu

Venting My Spleen on 08:32 - Aug 17 by Hunterhoop

Didn’t we sell him for somewhere in the range of £2-4m to Everton years back after one appearance at Norwich?

Around £500k I seem to recall (plus add-ons if he was the first man to step foot on Mars).

Venting My Spleen on 08:38 - Aug 17 with 1359 viewsdmm

Venting My Spleen on 08:32 - Aug 17 by Hunterhoop

Summer of 2017. £1.5m rising to £4.25m plus in add ons which I doubt we'd have received.
Venting My Spleen on 08:48 - Aug 17 with 1319 viewsstevec

Venting My Spleen on 08:05 - Aug 17 by DejR_vu

Dykes takes a couple of those chances, totally different game, most likely, different outcome.

All the while we are reliant on this version of Dykes we have a massive problem. He’s had enough chances, we need to cut our losses. He will drag us to relegation.

A poor footballer, no manager will get much out of him.

Somehow though, the system is making all these players look sub standard. Worrying how the new additions come in looking confident but it literally drains minute by minute. Beale spent a lot of time talking about his credentials, that in itself set the alarm bells off, he has to come to terms with what he has and fit a system to them or he’ll be out of a job before having the time to mould a side to fit his system.

Sinclair is raw but should get his chance, what a pleasure to see someone who seems to enjoy the game, actually runs hard, keen to get on with it. Within 10 minutes of coming on his shorts were like someone gave him a wedgie and his socks all over the shop, like my 2 year old grandson. What a throwback. The worry is, how quick will we ruin him.
Venting My Spleen on 09:38 - Aug 17 with 1253 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Venting My Spleen on 05:18 - Aug 17 by Paddyhoops

Sat in Luton airport waiting for a flight to Ireland to see my seriously I’ll dad at the moment.
Got about 4 hours sleep as result of getting back from HQ at 11 o clock.
I was hoping for a little high last night before what I know is going be some dark days ahead.
Sadly last night’s performance Was reminiscent of our displays against Peterborough and Barnsley last season. Clueless, inept and very worrying.
Our full backs offered nothing, midfield contained three non creators including Jo Jo and as for dykes , the less said the better.
Plusses were Armstrong. A bit more finesse and he’ll be top class.
Also my new rail seating added much needed atmosphere to the lower loft!!

Best of luck to your Dad, Paddy.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Venting My Spleen on 09:47 - Aug 17 with 1227 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Venting My Spleen on 23:54 - Aug 16 by nix

I was near the dug out and he was constantly urging them to bring the ball forward quickly. I don't know why they're not listening to him as they didn't listen to Warbs either.

Moving the ball ponderously means the defence gets time to get in place and makes it really hard to find an outlet to pass to. Blackpool did the opposite, moving the ball quickly, thereby creating spaces in our defence and then supporting their forward line to exploit overlaps.

We looked so static at times when out of desperation in the second half Dickie and Dunne both brought the ball out, in an attempt to bypass the midfield. Our forward line was so static though, apart from Armstrong when he came on, that I thought they might have been having an inplay session of musical statues.

I said before that I don't think Dozzell and Johansen can form a midfield together. No pace or bite from them. Even Field seemed to be making more of an effort to make things happen. You need energy to play a team like Blackpool who seem very fit, able to both execute a high press and then still move the ball at pace when in possession.

It's a very frustrating situation and Beale has a lot to think about.

This couldn't be any more spot on. Every single word.

Warburton couldn't get us out of this 'rut'. I think a lot of people were hoping for a completely fresh start this year, or at least a different rut. Really hope MB is capable if getting these players to change their approach. If that could start on Saturday that would be great.
Venting My Spleen on 09:50 - Aug 17 with 1216 viewsSonofpugwash

If they ever decide to do a remake of The Invisible Man then Lyndon would be perfect.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Venting My Spleen on 10:02 - Aug 17 with 1187 viewsParkRoyalR

Venting My Spleen on 09:50 - Aug 17 by Sonofpugwash

If they ever decide to do a remake of The Invisible Man then Lyndon would be perfect.

So who missed that sitter last night, who played a superb give + go that maybe he should have found the corner with, who ran the length of the pitch on 45+1 to block Bowler's shot for the fortuitous rebound, who made a great flick-on late one to send Sinclair through for a very good goal scoring chance,

Twitter level comments are best suited to Twitter.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024