Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We need to keep Illy and Willy 23:11 - May 9 with 5024 viewsnumptydumpty

I doubt one or both will not be here next season but I feel even with brief time together on the pitch on Monday, the class, the surprising pass etc, clearly showed the x factor the two combined represent.

Yes we need money to rebuild.

Currently only Sam Field has value in our squad but the potential of the sum of these two is still there despite both having poor seasons this term.

If we have to rebuild other areas on a shoestring so be it.

But reality is its unlikely to be for Ainsworth
[Post edited 9 May 2023 23:14]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

We need to keep Illy and Willy on 02:55 - May 10 with 3918 viewsdixiedean

If that “performance “ from Willock doesn’t say “I just wanna get out of here in one piece” I don’t know what does . A shadow of the player we saw a few months ago and sad to see because we all know he has the talent. Not sure if he’s been tapped up , his brain is fü cked up or his body has fallen apart, but sadly he’s no longer going to generate the big fee we’d hoped for. He’s regressed from being the next big thing to being worth a punt . Sad to see.
We need to keep Illy and Willy on 07:50 - May 10 with 3701 viewsHastings_Hoops

Willock wants out and has received some of the worse advice from his ‘agent’ in not signing a new contract quite frankly.

He could learn a thing or two from Eze, who did sign a new contract and played into a great move which benefitted the club and him.
We need to keep Illy and Willy on 08:01 - May 10 with 3667 viewssparkey

Both can go.

Will be sad to see Illy go. But as far as I'm concerned, Willy mentally left 6 months ago.
We need to keep Illy and Willy on 08:03 - May 10 with 3659 viewsTheChef

Willy will go.

Hopefully can keep Illy, but I suppose if we get a reasonable offer we'll have to take it.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:58 - May 10 with 3491 viewsw7r

Willock checked out months ago.

Just like my double posting iPad needs a complete reset.
[Post edited 10 May 2023 10:00]
(No subject) (n/t) on 09:58 - May 10 with 3491 viewsw7r

We need to keep Illy and Willy on 10:13 - May 10 with 3427 viewsTonto

as others have said, Willy can go asap. if we get a good offer for Illy, he can go too.

neither fit Gazball, and if we are goign to play Gazball, we need to fully commit to Gazball. (even if I dont want us too)

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

We need to keep Illy and Willy on 10:20 - May 10 with 3416 viewsNorthernr

I don't think Willock wants to be here, and there's no point pushing ahead once that's the case. Take the option on his contract then get whatever we can get.
Login to get fewer ads

We need to keep Illy and Willy on 10:29 - May 10 with 3383 viewsPhilmyRs

Chris Willock and what we’ll miss out financially is going to grate for some time. I do think we were unlucky on this one though because pre (first) injury he was absolutely flying and I think the club had earmarked him as the one to sell in the summer and we’d have got decent money for him, then that first injury happened and he spent the summer recovering and it just scuppered everything and really affected our business model and also hampered our ability to tie him down to a contract or sell early, especially after the BOS situation. Another one of the thousand of ‘what ifs’ associated with our club.
We need to keep Illy and Willy on 10:37 - May 10 with 3346 viewsgoodlife

Ask our creative midfielders how fun it is to play midfield under GA. A handfull touches during a match, I think Tim had less than one passes last time out. GA and Willy is no match! This based on GA's team selection and substitutions, and Willy's body language. Illy doesn't get involved, either. If GA stays, there is no point in keeping Illy or Willy (or Tim).
We need to keep Illy and Willy on 11:00 - May 10 with 3276 viewsQPROslo

I think we need to sell close to whoever we can get good money for unfortunately. After his injuries and a years option at best I doubt we'll get much for Willock now, though if he bulks up again this close season and can start next season well it'd help. Chair's repeated refusal to play the ball to colleagues in better positions, hold the ball too much, and his poor decision making frustrates me. He has carried the team a lot when we've been poor, he tries and he tries but often has made it worse with these faults. He's not got better the last season or two and I think it may be better for him to move on and hopefully he'll attract interest/money from a few Clubs, maybe in Europe.

I'd guess Dykes could be the one we can raise most for by selling being a striker and Scotlands number 9. Him, Field and Dieng would be badly missed, hope we can raise the £ we need without selling all of them.
We need to keep Illy and Willy on 11:00 - May 10 with 3277 viewsLoyalitat

We need to keep Illy and Willy on 10:37 - May 10 by goodlife

Ask our creative midfielders how fun it is to play midfield under GA. A handfull touches during a match, I think Tim had less than one passes last time out. GA and Willy is no match! This based on GA's team selection and substitutions, and Willy's body language. Illy doesn't get involved, either. If GA stays, there is no point in keeping Illy or Willy (or Tim).

Bang on. Sadly, creative players appear to be merely incidental in GA's rigid framework.

Chair is one of the most creative players in the league, 9 assists this season, the highest being 11, yet he has largely been on the periphery during GA's reign.
[Post edited 10 May 2023 11:26]
We need to keep Illy and Willy on 11:29 - May 10 with 3191 viewsParkRoyalR

We need to keep Illy and Willy on 11:00 - May 10 by Loyalitat

Bang on. Sadly, creative players appear to be merely incidental in GA's rigid framework.

Chair is one of the most creative players in the league, 9 assists this season, the highest being 11, yet he has largely been on the periphery during GA's reign.
[Post edited 10 May 2023 11:26]

Chairs assists stats were comparable with Mannings a few weeks ago and I'm not sure anyone would consider Manning one of the most creative players in the league.

If you take-away set pieces and 5 yards passes for a couple of Chris Willock early season worldies from those stats and you're maybe looking at 6 assists and similar number of goals.

Willock has largely been absent whereas Chair played throughout our terrible run where we were averaging maybe a goal a game and maybe two shots on target per game, these are not the stats of one of the most creative players in the league.

Beale said Chair was a good player but not sure he could play in a successful team, for all his bolloxology, that is a very telling statement.

When Willock came on against Bristol City you could immediately see his intent to move the ball quicker and we immediately looked more threatening.

I don't think its a coincidence our seasons demise coincided with Willocks unavailability as he carried us early season and we were levels below without him in the side.
We need to keep Illy and Willy on 11:33 - May 10 with 3179 viewsstantheman10

Knowing our luck we'll sell Willock and he'll fail the medical!
We need to keep Illy and Willy on 11:50 - May 10 with 3133 viewsLoyalitat

We need to keep Illy and Willy on 11:29 - May 10 by ParkRoyalR

Chairs assists stats were comparable with Mannings a few weeks ago and I'm not sure anyone would consider Manning one of the most creative players in the league.

If you take-away set pieces and 5 yards passes for a couple of Chris Willock early season worldies from those stats and you're maybe looking at 6 assists and similar number of goals.

Willock has largely been absent whereas Chair played throughout our terrible run where we were averaging maybe a goal a game and maybe two shots on target per game, these are not the stats of one of the most creative players in the league.

Beale said Chair was a good player but not sure he could play in a successful team, for all his bolloxology, that is a very telling statement.

When Willock came on against Bristol City you could immediately see his intent to move the ball quicker and we immediately looked more threatening.

I don't think its a coincidence our seasons demise coincided with Willocks unavailability as he carried us early season and we were levels below without him in the side.

They're still assists that have led to goals being scored. His numbers compare with the very best in this division. That will do for me.
[Post edited 10 May 2023 11:54]
We need to keep Illy and Willy on 11:53 - May 10 with 3118 viewsSydneyRs

The irony now is we need a club with the sort of transfer policy we've used in recent seasons if anyone is going to pay money for him.
We need to keep Illy and Willy on 12:11 - May 10 with 3053 viewsParkRoyalR

We need to keep Illy and Willy on 11:50 - May 10 by Loyalitat

They're still assists that have led to goals being scored. His numbers compare with the very best in this division. That will do for me.
[Post edited 10 May 2023 11:54]

If you consider Ryan Manning as the very best in the division I have you right.

I can think of at least 2 assists to Willock being simple passes where Willock went on and beat 2 or 3 players and buried his shot in the far corner, and these for me, like corners, are not real assists.

I'm with Beale on this as much as I hate to say it, decent Championship player who's greatest asset is holding possession in the final third,

The problem then being how you get the ball off him quickly enough to turn that possession into an attacking threat, and that is where the likes of (a match-fit) Willock and Eze are levels above Chair.

I have to add under Ainsworth, I have seen an improvement where he is now occasionally crossing the ball first time, interesting to see if he can change his footballing dna and make this core to his game.

If he can, he can be some player as can then add game intelligence to a great first touch and a top-notch work-rate.
We need to keep Illy and Willy on 13:37 - May 11 with 2701 viewsBenny_the_Ball

We need to keep Illy and Willy on 10:20 - May 10 by Northernr

I don't think Willock wants to be here, and there's no point pushing ahead once that's the case. Take the option on his contract then get whatever we can get.

Exactly. QPR can't afford to let the likes of Willock and Dieng leave on a free next year. I'm braced for both departing this summer. It remains to be seen for how much, and whether QPR can source adequate replacements.
We need to keep Illy and Willy on 14:08 - May 11 with 2648 viewsHastings_Hoops

We need to keep Illy and Willy on 10:13 - May 10 by Tonto

as others have said, Willy can go asap. if we get a good offer for Illy, he can go too.

neither fit Gazball, and if we are goign to play Gazball, we need to fully commit to Gazball. (even if I dont want us too)

We sent Illy (and Eze) out on loan to wycombe where he developed playing Gazball
We need to keep Illy and Willy on 14:14 - May 11 with 2627 viewsAntti_Heinola

We need to keep Illy and Willy on 14:08 - May 11 by Hastings_Hoops

We sent Illy (and Eze) out on loan to wycombe where he developed playing Gazball

Illy didn't go to Wycombe.

Stevenage i think.

Bare bones.

We need to keep Illy and Willy on 14:15 - May 11 with 2622 viewsaston_hoop

Very little point if the system doesn't change, neither are wingers so we're wasting our time.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

We need to keep Illy and Willy on 14:50 - May 11 with 2548 viewsTonto

We need to keep Illy and Willy on 14:14 - May 11 by Antti_Heinola

Illy didn't go to Wycombe.

Stevenage i think.

Illy was at Stevenage

Eze was ay Wycombe

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

We need to keep Illy and Willy on 08:58 - May 12 with 2373 viewsHastings_Hoops

I will be watching the Willock situation with interest… surely if he has another lost season like this one; his stock will fall and there will be very little point in him leaving QPR on a free as it’ll be a smaller club and no major contract/signing-on fee for him and his ‘agent’ to enjoy… he might even be thankful of a new contract on reduced terms at QPR.

He’s now not quite in the same position that BOS and Manning were, where they were still tearing it up when played.

Hopefully it makes Team Willy sober up quickly.
We need to keep Illy and Willy on 09:23 - May 12 with 2344 viewsdmm

We need to keep Illy and Willy on 08:58 - May 12 by Hastings_Hoops

I will be watching the Willock situation with interest… surely if he has another lost season like this one; his stock will fall and there will be very little point in him leaving QPR on a free as it’ll be a smaller club and no major contract/signing-on fee for him and his ‘agent’ to enjoy… he might even be thankful of a new contract on reduced terms at QPR.

He’s now not quite in the same position that BOS and Manning were, where they were still tearing it up when played.

Hopefully it makes Team Willy sober up quickly.

Willock's value will have already fallen. Apart from the first 3 months, his form and injury record this season have been terrible. Who knows how much we might get for him, but it'll be nowhere near what we once imagined.
[Post edited 12 May 2023 9:25]
We need to keep Illy and Willy on 10:29 - May 12 with 2287 viewsHastings_Hoops

We need to keep Illy and Willy on 09:23 - May 12 by dmm

Willock's value will have already fallen. Apart from the first 3 months, his form and injury record this season have been terrible. Who knows how much we might get for him, but it'll be nowhere near what we once imagined.
[Post edited 12 May 2023 9:25]

Not necessarily focussing on what we might get for him… I’m interested to see why he gets for himself at the end of next season by way of contract elsewhere… probably a lot less than a new reduced offer at QPR!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024