Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sh-gged by sheep? Cardiff match thread. 16:01 - Aug 11 with 66727 viewsjohnhoop

Doesn’t seem to be a match thread and haven’t done one before so here goes.
Hoping the outcome doesn’t match the thread title but fear that it might do, as they’ve mysteriously managed to strengthen their team considerably, despite being under a transfer embargo.
An optimistic 1-0 to Cardiff ( scorer Josh Bowler of course).
Sh-gged by sheep? Cardiff match thread. on 17:18 - Aug 12 with 2823 viewsthemodfather

tissues all round as we fly up the table causing some nose bleeds! huge result
Sh-gged by sheep? Cardiff match thread. on 17:19 - Aug 12 with 2823 viewsFDC

Fúck an actual duck that was a stressful finish.

Lots of take aways. Obvious system change (our special suprise), Sinclair as a target man that pins defences back more, which was a huge difference.

Smyth playing on top of the left back, to good effect.

Subs happening at the same time as conceding a goal muddied things , but looked obvious that whatever the intention was it broke the shape and weakened the team.

Chair looked like he wanted to go off for a good 5 minutes beforehand, injury?

End of the game Ainsworth and players trooped over to applaud supporters, Ainsworth made a thing out of pointing at Cook , obviously considers him key. Had a good game to be fair.

Players looked done in the last ten minutes, when has been two nil up for most the game. Bit concerning really.

Stats by end of the game where essentially same as end of last season, less possession etc
Sh-gged by sheep? Cardiff match thread. on 17:19 - Aug 12 with 2798 viewsDamo1962

Sh-gged by sheep? Cardiff match thread. on 17:16 - Aug 12 by Airtomoreira

I think that the "belief in the manager" aspect of this is even more significant than the 3 points, especially if there has been any unrest amongst the players with regard to the formations that GA has been asking them to play.

This. As long as everyone is pulling in the same direction...I won't have any complaints. Well not as many 😉
Sh-gged by sheep? Cardiff match thread. on 17:19 - Aug 12 with 2808 viewsdavman

Sh-gged by sheep? Cardiff match thread. on 17:09 - Aug 12 by connell10

Can see us fielding the u18,s team in the cup.

Best way to get fit is to play, so I'd expect some "first teamers" (haha) to get some minutes.

Norwich have a second team to play, we don't...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Sh-gged by sheep? Cardiff match thread. on 17:22 - Aug 12 with 2723 viewsDamo1962

Sh-gged by sheep? Cardiff match thread. on 17:18 - Aug 12 by davman

This.

Brilliant performance for 60 and the pace up top provided a threat we have not had since BOS.

BUT, Armstrong and Smyth can't last, Chair stopped at 60 minutes, Dykes was walking for the last 20 minutes, Fox visibly slowed, Cook not ready for 90, but soldiered through and Albert can's last 10 minutes (awful from him today, awful).

The fitness is a big, big issue...
...and, like the attitude I thought that was Gaz's "thing"...

Hopefully the new facilities at Heston will change things. Won't happen over-night though.
Sh-gged by sheep? Cardiff match thread. on 17:23 - Aug 12 with 2683 viewsGaryT

We did seem to flounder at the end but a massive 3 points.

Until next week, so long and thanks for all the fish.

Sh-gged by sheep? Cardiff match thread. on 17:24 - Aug 12 with 2647 viewsNorthantsHoop

Sh-gged by sheep? Cardiff match thread. on 17:16 - Aug 12 by Damo1962

The home record simply has to improve...or it's one step forward and two back again. You and others(especially those behind the Loft goal) - suffered enough last season...so fingers crossed you'll see better soon🙂

I agree it was a tough watch from the Upper Loft last season and it will be a tough game against Ipswich and Norwich in the cup, but green shoots. Thought Fox played really well today and Armstrong can only get better his goal and assist shows he could now be up and running.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2023 17:24]
Sh-gged by sheep? Cardiff match thread. on 17:25 - Aug 12 with 2595 viewsBklynRanger

On the fitness, GA did talk about not being at peak fitness yet, and that not coming until games 5 or 6. Part of an effort to avoid injuries apparently. You'd think it should be higher than it looked at this point I agree, but throwing that in anyway.

Smyth was just playing a half at Hanwell 2 games ago so not surprised he came off. And Armstrong was doing his best Hollywood actor effort on the ground before coming off - looking over at the bench to buy time and then holding his face when the ref came over. So no injury etc I'd assume.
Login to get fewer ads

Sh-gged by sheep? Cardiff match thread. on 17:26 - Aug 12 with 2590 viewsterryb

A big result for us.

Well done to the players & to Gareth for changing how we set up.

A special word for all of those that went to Cardiff today. I hope the beers taste good night & have a good safe trip home.
Sh-gged by sheep? Cardiff match thread. on 17:28 - Aug 12 with 2521 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Chateauneurf du Pape Rodney!

Sounds a lot more positive to last week. And good to see GA changed to a back 3 was it?

One Swallow a summer doesn't make. But it is a step in the right direction. Well done Armstrong, massive day for him.
Sh-gged by sheep? Cardiff match thread. on 17:28 - Aug 12 with 2523 viewsstrikerace

Cook, Fox, and Armstrong were a massive improvement
Sh-gged by sheep? Cardiff match thread. on 17:28 - Aug 12 with 2508 viewsBrianWilson

Brilliant stuff. Night and day to Watford. Players stood up and battled for everything. Smyth and Armstrong were excellent but credit to everyone including the manager. Gotta make sure its not just a blip now like Watford at home last year.

"a diseased bunch of mofos if there ever was one, their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons." - Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

Sh-gged by sheep? Cardiff match thread. on 17:35 - Aug 12 with 2368 viewsMatch82

Sh-gged by sheep? Cardiff match thread. on 17:18 - Aug 12 by BushRanger82

One win. That's how runs begin. We need to pull out all the stops, and follow this up with a good performance and win against Norwich in the cup on Wednesday.
Same starting line-up on Wednesday night, Gareth. Please.

Undefeated in our last 1 games!
Sh-gged by sheep? Cardiff match thread. on 17:38 - Aug 12 with 2296 viewsMatch82

Rode our luck at the end, Cardiff deserved a point, but feels good to win. A step up in every conceivable way from the Watford nonsense, still a long way to go but the manager and players should all sleep easier tonight. As will all of us!
Sh-gged by sheep? Cardiff match thread. on 17:38 - Aug 12 with 2287 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Sh-gged by sheep? Cardiff match thread. on 17:23 - Aug 12 by GaryT

We did seem to flounder at the end but a massive 3 points.

Until next week, so long and thanks for all the fish.

Not to be negative on such a beautiful day but GA did not make the correct subs at all IMO.
Albert was horrible and cost us one and possibly 2 goals.
Richards had one job to run on to the flicks kill the clock but as usual he could not even do that only dicked around and Cardiff kept coming .
Cardiff (I know were trailing ) but made much more agressive subs and could have easily tied it up if not won it outright .i know we have no bench but put on kids who will sprint around wildly and run to the corner flag to burn clock.
Its hard to believe but when Armstrong went off we really struggled and they took over and only for the bar anything could have happened.
Still a glorious 3 points
Sh-gged by sheep? Cardiff match thread. on 17:42 - Aug 12 with 2227 viewsBushRanger82

Sh-gged by sheep? Cardiff match thread. on 17:35 - Aug 12 by Match82

Undefeated in our last 1 games!

2 wins out of 2 has a nicer ring to it, though.
Sh-gged by sheep? Cardiff match thread. on 17:42 - Aug 12 with 2214 viewsHayesender

Well pleased for all of you who travelled today, you deserved that, and also well pleased for Ainsworth.

He can have a few drinks tonight and hopefully a proper night's sleep

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Sh-gged by sheep? Cardiff match thread. on 17:46 - Aug 12 with 2158 viewsjohnhoop

Lovely to see that we weren’t on the receiving end from the sheep and my thread title wasn’t anything like the way the game turned out in reality.
Really delighted for Gareth and the team and this should have done wonders for their confidence and self-belief. Am now looking forward to getting back from holiday for the Ipswich game with the feeling that it shouldn’t be as one-sided as I should think many of us were fearing before today.
Sh-gged by sheep? Cardiff match thread. on 17:47 - Aug 12 with 2138 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Sh-gged by sheep? Cardiff match thread. on 17:46 - Aug 12 by johnhoop

Lovely to see that we weren’t on the receiving end from the sheep and my thread title wasn’t anything like the way the game turned out in reality.
Really delighted for Gareth and the team and this should have done wonders for their confidence and self-belief. Am now looking forward to getting back from holiday for the Ipswich game with the feeling that it shouldn’t be as one-sided as I should think many of us were fearing before today.

Already feels like a promotion six-pointer.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Sh-gged by sheep? Cardiff match thread. on 17:48 - Aug 12 with 2125 viewsPaddyhoops

3 away wins a row for Gareth. He’s no mug . Is he ?.
In all honesty we got a bit of luck today but heh lots of positives and 3 points from taff land . What’s not to like?
Sh-gged by sheep? Cardiff match thread. on 17:50 - Aug 12 with 2061 viewsSonofpugwash

It's enough to make a preacher lay his bible down.
Hallelujiah and pass the whisky.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Sh-gged by sheep? Cardiff match thread. on 17:55 - Aug 12 with 1981 viewsHooping_Mad

Sh-gged by sheep? Cardiff match thread. on 14:59 - Aug 12 by Hooping_Mad

Heart says 2-1 to the R's

Had a feeling before kick off

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Sh-gged by sheep? Cardiff match thread. on 17:56 - Aug 12 with 1978 viewsBrianWilson

Sh-gged by sheep? Cardiff match thread. on 17:38 - Aug 12 by CLAREMAN1995

Not to be negative on such a beautiful day but GA did not make the correct subs at all IMO.
Richards had one job to run on to the flicks kill the clock but as usual he could not even do that only dicked around and Cardiff kept coming .
Cardiff (I know were trailing ) but made much more agressive subs and could have easily tied it up if not won it outright .i know we have no bench but put on kids who will sprint around wildly and run to the corner flag to burn clock.
Its hard to believe but when Armstrong went off we really struggled and they took over and only for the bar anything could have happened.

My stream had cut out so didn't realise Richards had come on. Was wondering who the guy falling over in our box was when ball defelected off Cook for corner.

Definitely a luxury player and not someone to bring on away from home when trying to hold a lead.

"a diseased bunch of mofos if there ever was one, their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons." - Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

Sh-gged by sheep? Cardiff match thread. on 17:58 - Aug 12 with 1922 viewsHooping_Mad

Sh-gged by sheep? Cardiff match thread. on 17:38 - Aug 12 by CLAREMAN1995

Did wonders for my prediction though

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Sh-gged by sheep? Cardiff match thread. on 17:59 - Aug 12 with 1917 viewseastside_r

Sh-gged by sheep? Cardiff match thread. on 17:48 - Aug 12 by Paddyhoops

3 away wins a row for Gareth. He’s no mug . Is he ?.
In all honesty we got a bit of luck today but heh lots of positives and 3 points from taff land . What’s not to like?

I like the way you have erased Watford from your mind.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024