Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dykes 21:39 - Nov 4 with 43601 viewsstainrods_elbow

Really hope we can move him on in Jan and bring in one or two players who can really help the reshaped project, starting with breaking with years of tradition and actually investing in a striker who scores goals. He's going nowhere at QPR and just doesn't, and never will, cut the mustard. I'm afraid. He's a ram that doesn't batter, his buckle doesn't swash, and his goalscoring instincts are not so much predatory as borderline nugatory. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if Millwall, say, came back in for him, he'd miraculously metamorphose into a 1 in 3 merchant who plays every week, but hopefully we'd by then be past caring. I don't want a player leading our line who scores the odd header from an occasional Chair cross but who seems mainly to care about playing for Scotland.

All being well, MC will have sussed this out in double-quick time and will be reshaping our attacking line with Smyth, Willock and Chair, and a new pivot.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2023 21:43]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Dykes on 17:00 - Nov 11 with 2695 viewspaulparker

Another woeful performance summed up by Tony Thorpe on Robins TV
“I’m 50 and I’d fancy my chances instead of Dykes, he is atrocious “

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Dykes on 17:04 - Nov 11 with 2657 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Dykes on 19:12 - Nov 9 by Hooping_Mad

Strange aside, my first car was dad's old metallic blue Talbot Alpine. It was a bit Dykes like as well.

Rusty, slow, and unreliable?
[Post edited 11 Nov 2023 17:09]
Dykes on 17:07 - Nov 11 with 2621 viewsHooping_Mad

Dykes on 17:04 - Nov 11 by Benny_the_Ball

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Dykes on 17:09 - Nov 11 with 2576 viewsQPsyR

Dykes on 17:04 - Nov 11 by Benny_the_Ball

Chrysal Fkn Sunbeam

Kind of thing

FKA AcidPixie

Dykes on 17:11 - Nov 11 with 2565 viewsMelakaRanger

Dykes was like a sack of cement. Awful. Though today there were plenty of others just as bad.
Dykes on 17:12 - Nov 11 with 2548 viewsManinBlack

Dykes on 13:24 - Nov 6 by TGRRRSSS

Plymouth I reckon thereabouts

The difference between us and Plymouth is that they score goals. Remember they put 6 past Norwich, a team that we consistently lose too.
Dykes on 17:16 - Nov 11 with 2489 viewsRangersw12

I would rather have Armstrong upfront than this cart horse

Awful performance and unless it's on a plate he won't score
Dykes on 17:20 - Nov 11 with 2450 viewsted_hendrix

He's getting worse by the bloody minute.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Login to get fewer ads

Dykes on 17:23 - Nov 11 with 2419 viewsderbyhoop

Was poor. but where was the service. A couple of crosses into the right area, but not many. He did have a shot blocked first half.
Was his replacement any better?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Dykes on 17:26 - Nov 11 with 2389 viewsWatford_Ranger

Dykes on 17:23 - Nov 11 by derbyhoop

Was poor. but where was the service. A couple of crosses into the right area, but not many. He did have a shot blocked first half.

Would’ve liked to see Armstrong wide left and Dykes left on with Willock fading. Thought he put himself about fairly well but no service at all. The set pieces were generally dire.

Willock did ok but he’s a pale imitation of what he was and not close to Chair now IMO.
Dykes on 17:31 - Nov 11 with 2313 viewsVancouverHoop

Dykes on 17:26 - Nov 11 by Watford_Ranger

Would’ve liked to see Armstrong wide left and Dykes left on with Willock fading. Thought he put himself about fairly well but no service at all. The set pieces were generally dire.

Willock did ok but he’s a pale imitation of what he was and not close to Chair now IMO.

I thought Willock had a significantly better game today than he's had since his return from injury. Not back to his old self for sure, but a marked improvement over recent showings.
Dykes on 17:34 - Nov 11 with 2276 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Dykes on 17:12 - Nov 11 by ManinBlack

The difference between us and Plymouth is that they score goals. Remember they put 6 past Norwich, a team that we consistently lose too.

Who, coincidentally, are up next.
Dykes on 17:41 - Nov 11 with 2220 viewsRangersw12

Dykes on 17:23 - Nov 11 by derbyhoop

His general play is poor though

Doesn't hold the ball up , awful first touch , doesn't win any headers and when he does get a decent cross because apparently it's not his fault it's down to the service he was miles away from it a bit like the cross last week at Rotherham
Dykes on 17:49 - Nov 11 with 2140 viewsVancouverHoop

He's not a 'back-to-the-goal' type of striker. He looks like he should be but he's really not. His goals I've seen for Scotland tend to be through balls he runs on to, and rarely alone. He needs a foil to play off I suspect, but we've never played that kind of system.
Dykes on 17:49 - Nov 11 with 2138 viewsParkRoyalR

Dykes on 17:41 - Nov 11 by Rangersw12

His general play is poor though

Doesn't hold the ball up , awful first touch , doesn't win any headers and when he does get a decent cross because apparently it's not his fault it's down to the service he was miles away from it a bit like the cross last week at Rotherham

Won most of his headers and almost had two assists in 1st Half but heh, let's not the fact get in the way...

Over-hit a poor pass when counter-attacking up the middle in the 1st Half but when we lost him as an out-ball noticeable how City walked past Armstrong and were playing in our Half for last 15, looking like they were going to nick it,

Taking Dykes off was a mistake, having Armstrong + Kelman on together for last 15 was just mindless.
Dykes on 18:19 - Nov 11 with 2048 viewstraininvain

On his heels again when Willock put a chance on a plate for him in the first half. A half decent striker gambles and scores.
Dykes on 18:20 - Nov 11 with 2049 viewsstevec

Dykes on 17:00 - Nov 11 by paulparker

Another woeful performance summed up by Tony Thorpe on Robins TV
“I’m 50 and I’d fancy my chances instead of Dykes, he is atrocious “

Marti has clearly told him, look you’re a centre forward and sometimes that means you have to face the goal and run with the ball at your feet.

To be fair, he gave it a little go, but it was mind boggling to watch!

Am I right in thinking Dykes is now into his fourth season with us?
Dykes on 18:41 - Nov 11 with 2003 viewsRuislipHoop

Let’s all be completely honest,he’s hopeless,couldnt hit a barn door.Been with us 4 seasons now and is getting poorer as the games go by,when he is on the pitch it’s like playing with 10 players.
Dykes on 19:14 - Nov 11 with 1906 viewsBklynRanger

Dykes on 17:49 - Nov 11 by ParkRoyalR

Won most of his headers and almost had two assists in 1st Half but heh, let's not the fact get in the way...

Over-hit a poor pass when counter-attacking up the middle in the 1st Half but when we lost him as an out-ball noticeable how City walked past Armstrong and were playing in our Half for last 15, looking like they were going to nick it,

Taking Dykes off was a mistake, having Armstrong + Kelman on together for last 15 was just mindless.

I thought he did ok too tbh. For me his lack of goal scoring instinct absent a Scotland shirt is the same as every other player we seem to have apart from Big Ken Paal. But his link up play was better today.

Think Armstrong should have come on for Smyth instead of Dykes anyway. Smyth was injured for a while before he finally went off and Armstrong would have terrified Pring at that stage.
Dykes on 19:24 - Nov 11 with 1869 viewsblavod

Dykes on 18:41 - Nov 11 by RuislipHoop

Let’s all be completely honest,he’s hopeless,couldnt hit a barn door.Been with us 4 seasons now and is getting poorer as the games go by,when he is on the pitch it’s like playing with 10 players.

agreed; ever since he missed that sitter against Hull we've known he is hopeless!

Makes Conor Washington look good!
Dykes on 20:00 - Nov 11 with 1749 viewsRangersw12

👀
Dykes on 20:53 - Nov 11 with 1613 viewslassel

He’s not a lone striker in a million years, nor is he going to bring others into play so im a bit lost what his role in the team is right now.

Said a few weeks ago I thought he might end up being sacrificed in January to fund a replacement, let’s see.
Dykes on 21:00 - Nov 11 with 1595 viewsHayesender

Dykes on 20:53 - Nov 11 by lassel

He’s not a lone striker in a million years, nor is he going to bring others into play so im a bit lost what his role in the team is right now.

Said a few weeks ago I thought he might end up being sacrificed in January to fund a replacement, let’s see.

Just gotta find someone stupid enough to buy him

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Dykes on 21:35 - Nov 11 with 1448 viewsAndybrat

Dykes on 17:31 - Nov 11 by VancouverHoop

I thought Willock had a significantly better game today than he's had since his return from injury. Not back to his old self for sure, but a marked improvement over recent showings.

Definitely, he’s not there yet but would suggest closer than anytime in last 12 months. A bit of game time makes a difference. Would have tried Kolli at some point
Dykes on 21:42 - Nov 11 with 1414 viewsBklynRanger

Dykes on 20:53 - Nov 11 by lassel

Yes let's see! Because we are filled up to fcuk with other options.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024