Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worst Comedian 10:05 - Jun 4 with 51398 viewspaulparker

So last night after coming home from a gruelling hours 6 a side game
I come home to find Mrs P and daughter watching the Miranda box set !!!??? WTF
how many times can you find a fat woman with a stupid haircut falling over funny
anyway this got me thinking of the worst comedian and how bad comedy is now

so top 3 worst comics at the moment

Miranda Hart
Sarah F ucking Milligan
David Williams - yes we know your camp it aint funny so feck off

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Worst Comedian on 14:58 - Aug 22 with 2519 viewsHayesender

Worst Comedian on 12:06 - Jun 4 by Hayesender

Went to the Madness weekend in butlins last november and during the day there was a commedy set.

Most of them were very funny, but there was one American lady who's name escapes me who was absolutely dreadful.

It almost got to the point I felt ssorry for her she bombed so badly.

Anyway, imagine my surprise to only see her on never mind the buzzcocks a few days later.

Just goes to show, she must have some very powerful liberal type friends in the bbc

Katherine Ryan it was. She's still not funny

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Worst Comedian on 15:25 - Aug 22 with 2476 viewsconnell10

Jimmy Carr , a face you wanna slap , unfunny and that f ucking stupid laugh.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Worst Comedian on 15:26 - Aug 22 with 2475 viewsslmrstid

Worst Comedian on 14:10 - Aug 22 by colinallcars

I despair at modern humour.
I read this morning that the funniest joke at this year's Edinburgh Festival was voted:
“ I dated a zookeeper, but he turned out to be a cheetah”
Yeah, roll over Chic Murray, Tony Hancock et al.

In fairness without seeing how the delivery is, or how it is performed in context of the overall set, its impossible to judge it fairly. The whole list looks incredibly tame when just typed out on a news website, but in the heat of the moment might actually be pretty funny.
Worst Comedian on 15:31 - Aug 22 with 2455 viewswombat

Worst Comedian on 15:26 - Aug 22 by slmrstid

In fairness without seeing how the delivery is, or how it is performed in context of the overall set, its impossible to judge it fairly. The whole list looks incredibly tame when just typed out on a news website, but in the heat of the moment might actually be pretty funny.

somebody mentoned frnakie boyle earlier ?

which frankie boyle we talking about ? the one pre the katie price gag

or the one on tv these days ?

the pre katie price gag totally brillaitny live esp his routine about john terry , the new woke version bloody awful seem him life pre and post katie price gag totally diff comedicans shame as heswas brilliantly vicioous .

and hes hates john terry so whats not to like !

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Worst Comedian on 15:57 - Aug 22 with 2357 viewsBluce_Ree

I'll always respect Frankie Boyle for his comment on Muse in this video. 1m19s in.

Funnily enough Noel drops some of his luxury comedy on this bit, entirely killing it.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Worst Comedian on 20:13 - Aug 22 with 2097 viewsBlackCrowe

I read this morning that the funniest joke at this year's Edinburgh Festival was voted:

Yep. Andrew Lawrence sums today's comedy pretty well i think, citing that 'joke'.

you'll have to cut and paste because i still can't post links for some reason.

youtube.com/watch?v=SevtCEEm2BA&ab_channel=AndrewLawrence
[Post edited 22 Aug 2023 20:14]

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Worst Comedian on 20:20 - Aug 22 with 2086 viewsLordPork

Worst Comedian on 11:04 - Jun 4 by Discodroid

the worst

1. james corden
2. the character 'keith lemon'
3. micheal mcintyre
4. any female comedienne (other than that bird on the frank skinner radio show on saturday mornings)..take sarah millican for example...please take her.
5.johnny vaughn
6 .john bishop
7. any ethnic comedians who use their colour as the basis for their only jokes i.e . little miss jocelyn, omajid dihali and that bird from iran
8.russel howard
9. jack whitehall
10.lee evans/ nelson

dis honorable mention for noel fielding

the best
1.reeves and mortimer mute creations characters ...talc 'n' turnip
2.stuart lee
3.peter cook inc any derek and clive
4.bill hicks
5.mike read
6.bob monkhouse
7.richard pyror
8.reeves and mortimer characters 'mulligan and o'hare
9.bob mills(inc in bed with me dinner)
10.anything by harry and paul

honorable mentions for the comic strip 1982-1984, mickey flannagan, woody allen,alexi sayle , spike milligan

best looking/sexist comedian with the biggest hampton

1. lee mack

best sketch

paul whitehouse doing sir roly birkin qc , when the camera just closed in on his face for ages.

"i was very drunk at the time'

had 'it' , then lost 'it' award

jack dee

funny bones award

frank skinner
[Post edited 4 Jun 2014 13:39]

"what he just said 100%"
Worst Comedian on 20:31 - Aug 22 with 2061 viewsSK_hoops

Worst Comedian on 20:20 - Aug 22 by LordPork

"what he just said 100%"

Nah, Omid Djilali is jokes.
Login to get fewer ads

Worst Comedian on 21:24 - Aug 22 with 1972 viewsSuperhoop83

the worst

1. james corden
3. micheal mcintyre
4. any female comedienne (other than that bird on the frank skinner radio show on saturday mornings)..take sarah millican for example...please take her.
5.johnny vaughn
6 .john bishop
7. any ethnic comedians who use their colour as the basis for their only jokes i.e . little miss jocelyn, omajid dihali and that bird from iran
8.russel howard
9. jack whitehall
10.lee evans/ nelson

the best
2.stuart lee
4.bill hicks
5.mike read
6.bob monkhouse
7.richard pyror

honorable mentions for the comic strip 1982-1984, mickey flannagan, woody allen,alexi sayle , spike milligan

1. lee mack

best sketch

paul whitehouse doing sir roly birkin qc , when the camera just closed in on his face for ages.

jack dee

funny bones award

frank skinner

I'm late to this thread but I'm with you on nearly all the names in your best and worst lists and your honourable mentions.

For no real reason, here are some classic Reeves & Mortimer clips:

Suffering since 1978.

Worst Comedian on 21:45 - Aug 22 with 1921 viewsNortholt_Rs

the worst

1. james corden
3. micheal mcintyre
5.johnny vaughn
6 .john bishop
8.russel howard
9. jack whitehall
10.lee evans/ nelson

the best
2.stuart lee
4.bill hicks
5.mike read
6.bob monkhouse
7.richard pyror

1. lee mack

best sketch

jack dee

funny bones award

frank skinner

No mention of the best of the ruddy lot, Bernard ‘the guv’nor’ Manning? C’mon DD….

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Worst Comedian on 22:09 - Aug 22 with 1869 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Worst Comedian on 14:00 - Aug 22 by Bluce_Ree

Did we get to 8 pages without mentioning the WORST OF ALL TIME?

Noel Fielding. Absolute fking shite. In the worst way.

He's got no jokes. He just combines things together and that's his punchline.

I set up a Twitter bot a while back (it stopped working when Elon took over) which demonstrated his whole act.

https://twitter.com/noelfieldingbot

It's a short hop from Fielding to Sandi Toksvig. Can only assume the person who dreamed up that pairing was the most miserable twunt working in TV.

Another for:

Miranda Hart - just not funny!
Jimmy Carr - he should be clubbed for that annoying laugh.
Alan Carr - yes, love you're gay, we've moved it along.

Steve Carell ( Yank in the US version of The Office) how the fcuk he's made a living out of comedy amazes me. Same goes for Will Ferrell.

All of whom are Gods of comedy in comparison to anyone connected with Mrs. Brown's Boys. How that continues to air defies sense.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Worst Comedian on 22:22 - Aug 22 with 1818 viewsted_hendrix

I just needed to look at Tommy Cooper and I'd start laughing.

Not sure If It's already been mentioned but Richard Pryor was a genius as was the late Mike Reid and Joan Rivers (she was brilliant).

As for worst out in a league of his own is the dreadful and I mean dreadful Patrick Kielty.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Worst Comedian on 22:53 - Aug 22 with 1727 viewsE17hoop

I'll give pretty much everyone a good few chances to make me laugh but Rosie Jones is one I just can't get on with. I've tried and tried but her timing is all over the place and jokes are tired.

I bloody love Count Arthur Strong. One of the funniest characters in the last 20 years.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2023 0:06]

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Who do you want as next Next England manager?

Worst Comedian on 00:23 - Aug 23 with 1611 viewsbob566

Worst Comedian on 15:57 - Aug 22 by Bluce_Ree

I'll always respect Frankie Boyle for his comment on Muse in this video. 1m19s in.

Funnily enough Noel drops some of his luxury comedy on this bit, entirely killing it.

He's hilarious and innovative but pushed it too far with the baby peter stuff.
Worst Comedian on 00:37 - Aug 23 with 1596 viewsSydneyRs

Worst Comedian on 15:25 - Aug 22 by connell10

Jimmy Carr , a face you wanna slap , unfunny and that f ucking stupid laugh.

Disagree. Been to his live show twice and loved it. Was actually in pain from laughing.

Russell Howard on the other hand...
Worst Comedian on 00:38 - Aug 23 with 1590 viewsSydneyRs

Worst Comedian on 22:22 - Aug 22 by ted_hendrix

I just needed to look at Tommy Cooper and I'd start laughing.

Not sure If It's already been mentioned but Richard Pryor was a genius as was the late Mike Reid and Joan Rivers (she was brilliant).

As for worst out in a league of his own is the dreadful and I mean dreadful Patrick Kielty.

Tommy Cooper was an absolute genius.
Worst Comedian on 02:14 - Aug 23 with 1537 viewsBoston

A fuggin long time ago...I saw Billy Connolly in New Jersey. Myself and another Wembley man were summering in New York when a Glaswegian we were pally with informed us of his upcoming gig over the other side of the Hudson. "Would we like to go?" Our minds made up in the positive once he said he was driving a small bus and, that was picking up a party of Scottish gents coming over for a long weekend in 'the Big Apple'. This might be a hoot thought we. How right we were. Two minutes into the ride, after said Glasgow lads boarded and the introductions had been made, one of their group, a Michael Walsh (never forgot his name), asked our mate the driver, "woot is wrong wit yeer vice pal", to our mate the driver? A man, who up to this point, had sounded pretty Scottish to me. Apparently, he'd strayed from the homeland vernacular and had some explaining to do! Anyway, quickly reverting to an intelligible, unintelligible strain of English, we continued on to the great city of Kearney where the Big Yin was doing his thing. Much excited by the potential of these hard nose wise crackers who had absolutely no intention of conforming to another society's norms (I'll skip the confusion in the sandwich shop and the alarm of the local law enforcement when crossing a major thoroughfare), into Mr Connolly's show we did go. Oh yeah, wasn't five minutes in before the question of Connolly's new 'Hollywood' credentials arose, giving the mainly expat audience huge laughs and a complete about turn in his material and delivery, leading to a damn good night out. Unfortunately, myself and my Wembley sidekick had to get a local bus back to the Port Authority, either the sweaties got sick of us or our reluctance to leave a local bar inhabited by plaid shirted men, left them abandoning us in the land of Bruce Springsteen.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2023 2:41]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Worst Comedian on 07:23 - Aug 23 with 1425 viewsLogman

Another vote for Jimmy Carr for me. I think he mixes it up well and he has been on the money for a long time. He's good and finds good pockets of space between being funny and offensive.
Worst Comedian on 07:34 - Aug 23 with 3485 viewswestberksr

Worst Comedian on 20:31 - Aug 22 by SK_hoops

Nah, Omid Djilali is jokes.

Chelscum fan I believe; also not funny as relies on dancing in an arabic fashion as jist of lots of his humour and drags out same stuff on repeat....

having said that, all comedy is subjective; one man's Bill Hicks is another man's Sarah Millican
Worst Comedian on 07:37 - Aug 23 with 3461 viewsHAYESBOY

Only really one comic I saw live that bombed was Billy Connolly in the mid 90's at Hammersmith Odeon. He really struggled. Kept referring to notes on a little chair he had on stage. Maybe had an off night.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Worst Comedian on 07:44 - Aug 23 with 3447 viewswestberksr

the likes of Frankie Boyle and Jimmy Carr tend to divide opinion but i'm fine with both and going to see Frankie do a warm up gig in a small venue next month.

Miranda, Sarah Millican and the worst of the bunch Rosie Jones are pretty awful and in the latter's case a lot of box ticking by TV execs is to blame.

some of those mentioned on here are better live than TV. John Bishop is a good example, I can't stand his TV but had the chance to see an informal warm up gig and thought i'd give it a go and he was less smug and annoying and actually very good.

Tom Allen does some excellent crowd work and that for me is always a good sign of comedy talent; rather than the bake off type shite they all hope to get signed up for.

lots of comedians now doing sketches completely reliant on their race, sex etc as the woke take over the world.

Paul Smith from Liverpool is quite the opposite and worth going to see if you get the chance; apart from being a red that is.
Worst Comedian on 09:46 - Aug 23 with 3297 viewscolinallcars

Worst Comedian on 07:44 - Aug 23 by westberksr

the likes of Frankie Boyle and Jimmy Carr tend to divide opinion but i'm fine with both and going to see Frankie do a warm up gig in a small venue next month.

Miranda, Sarah Millican and the worst of the bunch Rosie Jones are pretty awful and in the latter's case a lot of box ticking by TV execs is to blame.

some of those mentioned on here are better live than TV. John Bishop is a good example, I can't stand his TV but had the chance to see an informal warm up gig and thought i'd give it a go and he was less smug and annoying and actually very good.

Tom Allen does some excellent crowd work and that for me is always a good sign of comedy talent; rather than the bake off type shite they all hope to get signed up for.

lots of comedians now doing sketches completely reliant on their race, sex etc as the woke take over the world.

Paul Smith from Liverpool is quite the opposite and worth going to see if you get the chance; apart from being a red that is.

Someone sent in a letter to the Times offering a far better joke than the one that was voted best at the Edinburgh Festival:
I've just bought a genuine Van Gogh table
How d'you know it's genuine ?
It's got a bit of veneer missing.

Eyethangewe.
Worst Comedian on 09:58 - Aug 23 with 3247 viewsEsox_Lucius

Toss up between Bernard Manning and and Jim Davidson. About as funny as an outbreak of the plague in a leper colony. Rosie Jones is unwatchable.

The grass is always greener.

Worst Comedian on 10:13 - Aug 23 with 3215 viewsRs_Holy

the worst

1. james corden
3. micheal mcintyre
5.johnny vaughn
6 .john bishop
8.russel howard
9. jack whitehall
10.lee evans/ nelson

the best
2.stuart lee
4.bill hicks
5.mike read
6.bob monkhouse
7.richard pyror

1. lee mack

best sketch

jack dee

funny bones award

frank skinner

agree re Frank Skinner ... Just plain boring now. Having to listen to him waffling on during his weekend radio show is infuriating (PLAY SOME BLEED'N MUSIC!!!)... He also has his team with him who seem to think he is still funny, including one member of the team who wets herself every time he says anything...
He is also doing a poetry podcast too which sounds fun
Worst Comedian on 10:59 - Aug 23 with 3102 viewsBluce_Ree

I did say earlier in this thread that there aren't really very many good female comedians but actually I can think of a couple of decent routines. See Sarah Kendall's at the bottom of this post. I quite like Maria Bamford also.

But anyway, this joke is dogshit and she's the first woman to win the funniest joke award since 2008. With that shit? It doesn't even really work.

Here's the competition. Weirdly the bottom three jokes are the three best ones.

The most British thing I've ever heard? A lady who said, "Well I'm sorry, but I don't apologise". (Liz Guterbock 41%);
Last year I had a great joke about inflation. But it's hardly worth it now. (Amos Gill 40%);
When women gossip we get called bitchy; but when men do it's called a podcast. (Sikisa 34%);
I thought I'd start off with a joke about The Titanic - just to break the ice. (Masai Graham 33%);
How do coeliac Germans greet each other? Gluten tag. (Frank Lavender 32%);
My friend got locked in a coffee place overnight. Now he only ever goes into Starbucks, not the rivals. He's Costa-phobic. (Roger Swift 29%);
I entered the "How not to surrender" competition and I won hands down. (Bennett Arron 29%);
Nationwide must have looked pretty silly when they opened their first branch. (William Stone 28%);
My grandma describes herself as being in her "twilight years" which I love because they're great films. (Daniel Foxx 26%);

It's all mostly shit though.

Anyway, I always quite liked this routine by Sarah Kendall.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024