Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boro Match Thread 10:40 - Aug 18 with 46534 viewsPinnerPaul

Busy day for me today (for a retiree!), hopefully back in time to watch the game on QPR+.

Afraid I can't see another 3-0, so I've gone for 1-1, Chair to open his account for the season.
Boro Match Thread on 21:57 - Aug 18 with 2474 viewsloftus77

Superb.
"We're the Rangers, the mighty Rangers..." It's really true.
Boro Match Thread on 21:57 - Aug 18 with 2473 viewsHantsR

Emotionally drained, exhausted and quite mellow. Can't wait for Saturday!!
Boro Match Thread on 21:58 - Aug 18 with 2454 viewscolinallcars

Just fabulous, even better when you consider it's a midweek game oop north. I'm so proud of the boys tonight.
Enjoyable commentary from Andy & Nick.
Boro Match Thread on 21:58 - Aug 18 with 2444 viewsDieByYourSide

Minerals.

Poll: And it's hi ho

Boro Match Thread on 21:59 - Aug 18 with 2417 viewsted_hendrix

Boro Match Thread on 21:37 - Aug 18 by distortR

Barnsley will have to kick-off without us.

Superb.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Boro Match Thread on 21:59 - Aug 18 with 2417 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Boro Match Thread on 21:55 - Aug 18 by sixnil

Crazy game..proper championship..we really showed what we're about today..not perfect, but so much was excellent..well donre ads

Agreed. Showed real character. Promising.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Boro Match Thread on 22:00 - Aug 18 with 2345 viewsA40Bosh

This isn't just Queens Park Rangers
This is M&S Finest 2021 Queens Park Rangers

First time in years we go a goal down after 6 mins and I think - it's ok, we still got this.

(This thread has been sponsored by a VERY large 2nd glass of Jameson Irish Whiskey)

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Boro Match Thread on 22:00 - Aug 18 with 2345 viewsBeckenhamhoop

Boro Match Thread on 21:46 - Aug 18 by Kiwi76

feck me was hoping for a gutsy Mackie at Derby type draw at kick off but that was bonkers.
10 freaking mins of added time!
Well done team!

I was just thinking about that game. Even though we drew it, it was at that moment I knew we were gonna get promoted. This team also don’t know when they’re beat. I’m trying to stop myself from getting overly optimistic about our prospects this season but this team are making that very difficult.
Login to get fewer ads

Boro Match Thread on 22:03 - Aug 18 with 2224 viewsjeffranger

Awesome win & credit to the lads, Warnock doing his usual war dance at officials
Boro Match Thread on 22:03 - Aug 18 with 2206 viewsA40Bosh

Boro Match Thread on 21:56 - Aug 18 by distortR

They showed great spiwit, bwavado and dewing-do!

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Boro Match Thread on 22:05 - Aug 18 with 2120 viewsGloryHunter

Well, that was worth the ten quid! Maximum respect to all you Rs who were there. Even my mate Simon who only lives in Darlington.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2021 22:06]
Boro Match Thread on 22:05 - Aug 18 with 2124 viewsGaryBannisterswedge

Boro Match Thread on 22:00 - Aug 18 by Beckenhamhoop

I was just thinking about that game. Even though we drew it, it was at that moment I knew we were gonna get promoted. This team also don’t know when they’re beat. I’m trying to stop myself from getting overly optimistic about our prospects this season but this team are making that very difficult.

Fantastic result, resilience and guile showed by the lads first class
Well done to the 500 who went up, great support
Going to be a huge season and that game could define it
To out shithouse the shithouse maestro Colin was so funny
Cmon my team!!!
Boro Match Thread on 22:05 - Aug 18 with 2115 viewsHunterhoop

Boro Match Thread on 21:54 - Aug 18 by QPRSteve

I'm exhausted after watching that. Fantastic result for us.

I need a stiff drink.

Outstanding result. One for the ages.

Second half performance was superb. Character shown was amazing. The whole back 5 and subs really stood up. Kakay was superb after coming on. Handled that Jones kid so much better than Odubajo did.

Barbet, Dickie, De Wijs, Wallace…superb. Add Dunne to that when he came on. You wants guts, Warnock? That was it.
Boro Match Thread on 22:06 - Aug 18 with 2076 viewsLeedsR

May already have been mentioned, but anyone see why Warnock was giving Dickie a lot of stick (apart from saying “stop tearing us a new one!”)???
Boro Match Thread on 22:07 - Aug 18 with 2024 viewsA40Bosh

Boro Match Thread on 22:00 - Aug 18 by Beckenhamhoop

Was just on the phone to Konk's Fulham mate who rang me after the final whistle to congratulate us and I was saying that I thought tonight was exactly like that Derby game and we had that moment where we just refused to lose and in fact went one better and won.

Hard not to get excited about this team at the moment, but will try and keep the feet on the ground for as long as it lasts

Boro Match Thread on 22:08 - Aug 18 with 2003 viewsdavman

What a recovery from that abject first half.

Downsides - Moses - brainless; a red card waiting to happen; Charlie - no excuses, a blatant head butt - 3 games (AGAIN); Injuries - can't see Super Lee-O lining up on Saturday and we might have Willock upfront by himself if Lyndon doesn't recover (what a finish by the way) as there is no way Charlie will be playing. JoJo looked shot too and can't see De Wijs playing so soon after that physical a battle; the Pen - dumb move, Lyndon, dumb move...

Upsides - the result; sheer effort - Dom Ball had a Dom Ball game - responsible for their equaliser, but some superb play in there; Willock - just brilliant; CBs stood up to the physical threat magnificently with De Wijs continuing his amazing form to date. Dieng didn't really have much to do, but I hate seeing 'keepers beaten by a pen hit straight at them...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Boro Match Thread on 22:08 - Aug 18 with 1994 viewsGreenbay

Just a thought on well done OSSIE KAKAY.
Saw the replay of the winner from Willock from a Jojo pass.
Brilliant finish.
BUT huge credit to KAKAY - he was upfield - raced back - and put in a magnificent tackle before Jojo got the ball.
Kakay summed up what this QPR team is all about.
Huge effort from everyone. Never give in.
As Warbs says - with that sort of effort - they got their 'rewards'.
Can you imagine what it must be like on the players team coach home.
They deserve huge credit and a good sleep throughout Thursday after getting back say around 3-4am.
Well done the whole team, Warbs and the coaching staff and of course the medics.
Boro Match Thread on 22:09 - Aug 18 with 1964 viewsnix

Boro Match Thread on 22:05 - Aug 18 by GaryBannisterswedge

Fantastic result, resilience and guile showed by the lads first class
Well done to the 500 who went up, great support
Going to be a huge season and that game could define it
To out shithouse the shithouse maestro Colin was so funny
Cmon my team!!!

It so was and he absolutely knew we'd beaten him at his own game. Loved Dickie cracking up at his ranting.

What a match!
Boro Match Thread on 22:09 - Aug 18 with 1961 viewsGloryHunter

Boro Match Thread on 22:06 - Aug 18 by LeedsR

May already have been mentioned, but anyone see why Warnock was giving Dickie a lot of stick (apart from saying “stop tearing us a new one!”)???

That's a great question for when Dickie gets interviewed on the podcast. Whatever it was, it made Rob laugh, though.
Boro Match Thread on 22:10 - Aug 18 with 1923 viewsaston_hoop

Blimey

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Boro Match Thread on 22:13 - Aug 18 with 1822 viewsWren67

Wonderful performance. What a 2nd half. Our boys never gave up. What a superb player Willock is becoming. Thought we were in trouble after the sending off and when they scored and the manner in which we conceeded but the team kept fighting.

What a win. Come on Urrrrrrrrrrrssssssssss.
Boro Match Thread on 22:13 - Aug 18 with 1807 viewsNortholt_Rs

Boro Match Thread on 21:25 - Aug 18 by QPRSteve

What was that Neil stuck up his nose?

My fist! What a game, what a result! Very, very proud and happy R tonight. Marvellous stuff! Well done Warbs and the boys. Can’t wait for Saturday. COYRs!!!

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Boro Match Thread on 22:14 - Aug 18 with 1800 viewsBoston

Boro Match Thread on 21:49 - Aug 18 by Silverfoxqpr

A pyrrhic victory but a fcking great one all the same. Fingers crossed for an available striker Saturday.

Au contraire mon ami...that was another three points, every one is needed to go up.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Boro Match Thread on 22:16 - Aug 18 with 1724 viewsLogman

Fantastic result. Just hope we've got the legs to deal with Barnsley on Saturday.

In some ways there couldn't be a worse opposition after a 100 minute slog (50 with ten men) at our furthest game up north three days before !!

I just hope Barbet, De Wijs, Dickie, Jojo, Ball, Willock have got it in them for one more 95 minute battle before they all take a rest against Oxford next Wednesday.

Would be fine with seeing an U23 team out for that game.
Boro Match Thread on 22:21 - Aug 18 with 1588 viewsnumptydumpty

Immense !!!!

Fricking incredible performance !!!

That is some statement made tonight !!!

This team and squad has severe winning potential mixed up with never say die performances like this .....

Gotta say am so so impressed

WHAT A WIN !!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024