Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton v Swansea City : Match day thread 15:17 - Dec 23 with 15596 viewsKeithHaynes

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61536/the-man-they-didnâ
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61540/russell-martin-we-
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61548/latest-news-for-â€
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61550/team-news-southamp
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61563/swansea-city-welco

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Southampton v Swansea City : Match day thread on 17:18 - Dec 26 with 2391 viewsFireboy2

Southampton v Swansea City : Match day thread on 17:03 - Dec 26 by union_jack

I agree we need players and I’m concerned as to whether we’ll get any. But we still need a manager. At the moment, no one knows where they stand but a new man will hopefully shake things up. Starting with Grimes I hope.

I don’t anticipate any signings, if any, until late in the window whatever so we’ve a month if this to go in my opinion.

Signings? If any.
Southampton v Swansea City : Match day thread on 17:23 - Dec 26 with 2342 viewsBoundy

Southampton v Swansea City : Match day thread on 16:56 - Dec 26 by Treforys_Jack

Manager needs sorting out ASAP. How you can have KOL.and Anthony Wright on the bench is beyond me.

Last year Wrighty was managing Briton Ferry's u19s, big leap forward to be on the bench today.,not knocking him .by the way just commenting

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Southampton v Swansea City : Match day thread on 17:24 - Dec 26 with 2330 viewslifelong

Southampton v Swansea City : Match day thread on 17:09 - Dec 26 by onehunglow

Bench Grimes
Priority
He brings nothing but pain
Couldn't we use the experience of Naughton ?
The reasons are right in our faces

Every defeat or poor performance you blame one player, Grimes, what about the chances missed by Yates and Lowe, what about that pathetic attempt at a clearance by Rushworth. The whole side was shite today, not just Grimes.
Southampton v Swansea City : Match day thread on 17:24 - Dec 26 with 2324 viewsReslovenSwan1

Southampton v Swansea City : Match day thread on 17:03 - Dec 26 by union_jack

I agree we need players and I’m concerned as to whether we’ll get any. But we still need a manager. At the moment, no one knows where they stand but a new man will hopefully shake things up. Starting with Grimes I hope.

I don’t anticipate any signings, if any, until late in the window whatever so we’ve a month if this to go in my opinion.

13 signings came in in the summer. Seven permanent and six on loan. Of the seven only Key is an automatic pick. One permanent is out for the season Ginnelly.

The manager does not even play elite loans like Patino preferring Fulton.

Watson has handed over, Peterson, Tymon, Yates, Ntjoe and Kukharevic. Three of these have barely had a look in. Yates and Tymon are not impressing.

There is a schism between the recruitment and manager which has dogged Swansea for a few seasons. This has seen Obafemi, Whittaker and Goykeres all walk for very little return.

There must be signings in January. This is why there was investment and a shake up. The players signed must play and be developed. The manger must also give academy players like Congreve, Wilson and Azeem game time while being successful. The Grimes Fulton access is too slow and robotic.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Southampton v Swansea City : Match day thread on 17:27 - Dec 26 with 2291 viewsQJumpingJack

Southampton v Swansea City : Match day thread on 17:24 - Dec 26 by ReslovenSwan1

13 signings came in in the summer. Seven permanent and six on loan. Of the seven only Key is an automatic pick. One permanent is out for the season Ginnelly.

Watson has handed over, Peterson, Tymon, Yates, Ntjoe and Kukharevic. Three of these have barely had a look in. Yates and Tymon are not impressing.

There is a schism between the recruitment and manager which has dogged Swansea for a few seasons. This has seen Obafemi, Whittaker and Goykeres all walk for very little return.

There must be signings in January. This is why there was investment and a shake up. The players signed must play and be developed. The manger must also give academy players like Congreve, Wilson and Azeem game time while being successful. The Grimes Fulton access is too slow and robotic.

surely the Trust are to blame for this 5-0 defeat?

and who appointed Watson in the first place? / why didn't Luton fight to keep him like Brighton attempted to keep Ashworth (but in the end failed).
[Post edited 26 Dec 2023 17:29]
Southampton v Swansea City : Match day thread on 17:29 - Dec 26 with 2267 viewsAnotherJohn

I'm very much in the "need players, even more than an experienced manager" camp. It was obvious to me in August that the squad wasn't good enough. Many on here bought the blather.
Southampton v Swansea City : Match day thread on 17:30 - Dec 26 with 2262 viewsFireboy2

Southampton v Swansea City : Match day thread on 17:24 - Dec 26 by ReslovenSwan1

All the players that have come in are a level down to players that went.

Stop sticking up for those leeches, they are the reason why we are going to battling relegation as they will not get a decent manager and any players, they are the reason why we have been on the slide since they took over.

Don't bother replying with your usual bvlls!t as I won't read it.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2023 17:30]
Southampton v Swansea City : Match day thread on 17:35 - Dec 26 with 2217 viewstheloneranger

Southampton v Swansea City : Match day thread on 16:57 - Dec 26 by vetchonian

some folks need to be careful what they wish for

Aye, " be careful what they wish for" ...

You wished most of last season to get rid of the manager. That's really worked out well ...

... And NO - I'm not a Russy lover!!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Login to get fewer ads

Southampton v Swansea City : Match day thread on 17:45 - Dec 26 with 2131 viewsunion_jack

Southampton v Swansea City : Match day thread on 17:11 - Dec 26 by Treforys_Jack

Not 100% sure we do need any players, think we have decent players, the tactics and team selection is so poor, so slow.and negative. That is down to coaching. Never seen a side break so many times then turn back and 10secs later the ball is back in our final third.
If you play Jerry, then you have to play the big Ukranian lad, you simply cannot play Grimes and Fulton together, why was Harry Darling dropped. Jamal is not a winger, I could go on and on .....

If you genuinely believe we don’t need players then you’ve been watching a completely different game to me not just today but for this season.

We have o pace (I know I’m going on!), we have no physicality where we are far too easily dispossed of the ball and where we do agree, we have none or little rehearsed tactics which a new managerial team will hopefully put right.

Its a mess which needs sorting now if we are to address the problems. Even if we escape relegation this season, under this slot it will be worse next season.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Southampton v Swansea City : Match day thread on 17:47 - Dec 26 with 2121 viewsQJumpingJack

the players who came in during the Summer are nowhere near good enough vs the players who left.

We will stay up but only for the fact that there are three worse teams than us.
Southampton v Swansea City : Match day thread on 17:49 - Dec 26 with 2102 viewsFireboy2

Southampton v Swansea City : Match day thread on 17:45 - Dec 26 by union_jack

If you genuinely believe we don’t need players then you’ve been watching a completely different game to me not just today but for this season.

We have o pace (I know I’m going on!), we have no physicality where we are far too easily dispossed of the ball and where we do agree, we have none or little rehearsed tactics which a new managerial team will hopefully put right.

Its a mess which needs sorting now if we are to address the problems. Even if we escape relegation this season, under this slot it will be worse next season.

Absolutely spot on UJ.

Only one reason for it.
Southampton v Swansea City : Match day thread on 17:52 - Dec 26 with 2067 viewsFireboy2

Southampton v Swansea City : Match day thread on 17:47 - Dec 26 by QJumpingJack

the players who came in during the Summer are nowhere near good enough vs the players who left.

We will stay up but only for the fact that there are three worse teams than us.

For now.

We will lose patino leaving only paterson and walsh as our only creative players.

We won't get anyone in and be there or thereabouts near the relegation places.
Southampton v Swansea City : Match day thread on 18:01 - Dec 26 with 2005 viewsTreforys_Jack

Southampton v Swansea City : Match day thread on 17:45 - Dec 26 by union_jack

I don't believe the players we have aren't as bad as they currently appear to be. We've had no pace since Dan James left, if you got no pace, then you have to adapt. I've been screaming for width and pace since we got relegated. Nothing gets supporters up more than fast skillful wingers attacking retreating FB's
Team selection has baffled me all season.
Southampton v Swansea City : Match day thread on 18:07 - Dec 26 with 1964 viewsunion_jack

Southampton v Swansea City : Match day thread on 18:01 - Dec 26 by Treforys_Jack

I don't believe the players we have aren't as bad as they currently appear to be. We've had no pace since Dan James left, if you got no pace, then you have to adapt. I've been screaming for width and pace since we got relegated. Nothing gets supporters up more than fast skillful wingers attacking retreating FB's
Team selection has baffled me all season.

Then we agree! We need new players who possess pace at least. But some aren’t up to the basics. Admittedly, even the worst players will have a good game from time to time, but I’m. Not impressed with Humphrey’s, Cabango, Wood. Even Lowe and Bolasie need to do more, more often. And Grimes, with a better coach may learn which direction he should be going in on the pitch. But strip him of the captaincy and give it to someone who can positively influence the players.

Southampton v Swansea City : Match day thread on 18:09 - Dec 26 with 1950 viewsReslovenSwan1

Southampton v Swansea City : Match day thread on 17:27 - Dec 26 by QJumpingJack

surely the Trust are to blame for this 5-0 defeat?

and who appointed Watson in the first place? / why didn't Luton fight to keep him like Brighton attempted to keep Ashworth (but in the end failed).
[Post edited 26 Dec 2023 17:29]

Watson was a key appointment. If he is no good then Swansea are in big trouble.

I believe Ntjoe and Kukharevic can have a good effect if trusted. Azeem and Wood are rough diamonds that need development. Fulton and Cullen are not getting any better and need replacing. Wilson is extremely sharp.

The mangers did not trust them and Martin did not trust Whittaker and Cooper did not trust Goykeres. Swansea are in a hole due to poor management in Swansea not USA. Ntjoe Kukharevic Peterson Tymon did not cost pennies. They cost a few million.

Sheehan has not changed any thing from what Duff is doing and if anything is more cautious.

Southampton v Swansea City : Match day thread on 18:12 - Dec 26 with 1936 viewsQJumpingJack

Southampton v Swansea City : Match day thread on 18:09 - Dec 26 by ReslovenSwan1

I believe Ntjoe and Kukharevic can have a good effect if trusted. Azeem and Wood are rough diamonds that need development. Fulton and Cullen are not getting any better and need replacing. Wilson is extremely sharp.

The mangers did not trust them and Martin did not trust Whittaker and Cooper did not trust Goykeres. Swansea are in a hole due to poor management in Swansea not USA. Ntjoe Kukharevic Peterson Tymon did not cost pennies. They cost a few million.

Sheehan has not changed any thing from what Duff is doing and if anything is more cautious.

you have a lot of information about the club.
Please tell us who appointed him (Watson). You seem to know it all so please tell us if it was Jason, Steve, or someone else?

and re: Wood - from what I have heard - he could be joining Martin at Southampton in January.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2023 18:13]
Southampton v Swansea City : Match day thread on 18:13 - Dec 26 with 1926 viewsshingle

Southampton v Swansea City : Match day thread on 18:09 - Dec 26 by ReslovenSwan1

Say`s the guy who believes our owners are the best thing since slice bread and have put all there money into the club.
Southampton v Swansea City : Match day thread on 18:21 - Dec 26 with 1879 viewsunion_jack

Southampton v Swansea City : Match day thread on 17:35 - Dec 26 by theloneranger

You wished most of last season to get rid of the manager. That's really worked out well ...

You make a good point. I think ultimately, the majority were glad to see the back of Martin.

But let’s not kid ourselves, for his style to work, you need players of far greater ability than ours as we saw today. There was no way, even if he was backed that he would have been able to bring that quality in.

We need to start turning things around but for it to be successful, it will need time. If we bring players in that are an instant success, they’ll be sold. We need a group of players to grow into the required level over a period of time, under the radar. Oh, and a first class scouting team will be needed who know exactly what they are looking for to get those players. Or a massive slice of luck.

Southampton v Swansea City : Match day thread on 18:28 - Dec 26 with 1843 viewsvetchonian

Southampton v Swansea City : Match day thread on 17:35 - Dec 26 by theloneranger

I agree I was critical of Martin but I was never calling for his head.....
I critiscised his process ....
Wished he would change it. I praised him for the times he played attacking passing football rather than the walking obsession with possession keepball in our half.
But I was not forever calling for his head.
His football this season is different to what we saw for most of his time with us. He has stuck mostly this season with 4 at the back at looks to pass with purpose......had he done that more last season we might have found ourselves in the playoffs as a minimum but for ages his ego meant he persisted with his.process..yet he had a great finish to the season playing differently and with the same players he had had all season ......as he hadn't been backed in thr January window.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Southampton v Swansea City : Match day thread on 18:46 - Dec 26 with 1769 viewsjack247

Southampton v Swansea City : Match day thread on 17:12 - Dec 26 by controversial_jack

A loss can be put down to management, bad tactics etc , but a 5 nil drubbing is down to inferior players

We did have inferior players today. Same when we played Leicester and Leeds. We don’t most weeks.

The most worrying thing for me was we just went through the motions from 2-0. I think Sheehan may have recognised it and brought Allen on earlier than he probably planned to set an example.

That should shut down any talk of him getting it to the end of the season. The players gave up on him.
Southampton v Swansea City : Match day thread on 19:24 - Dec 26 with 1594 viewsTreforys_Jack

Southampton v Swansea City : Match day thread on 18:07 - Dec 26 by union_jack

Then we agree! We need new players who possess pace at least. But some aren’t up to the basics. Admittedly, even the worst players will have a good game from time to time, but I’m. Not impressed with Humphrey’s, Cabango, Wood. Even Lowe and Bolasie need to do more, more often. And Grimes, with a better coach may learn which direction he should be going in on the pitch. But strip him of the captaincy and give it to someone who can positively influence the players.

Bashir is a very good player exposed by playing at RB, Lati was exactly the same last season. Any wide player we had was shipped out by the previous manager/managers. Cabango will stop a charging rhinoceros, but ask him to play the ball on the deck to 1 of his own players then he struggles, so pair him with Harry Darling. Lowe is a 10 or a false 9, definitely not a winger. Grimes is the biggest enigma, seemingly un-droppable by the last 3 or is it 4 managers, yet I still feel he could do so much more offensively. Watching on the Southampton stream and 1 of the commentators said Jay Fulton's commitment to Swansea is commendable or words to that effect, because he played in a game against Southampton in 2014. No-one else wants him, that's why he's still here. Liam Cullen and Jerry Yates starting against a top side is very poor team selection. We need to play our best players in their correct positions. The defeat against Southampton is not an issue, the manner of the defeat is, as was the shocking performance against PNE.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2023 19:37]
Southampton v Swansea City : Match day thread on 20:08 - Dec 26 with 1453 viewsonehunglow

Not sure about you lot but I feel revulsion .
The way we play,talk,coach and own
Today was humiliation
We pay players good money for that
Why do we destroy players
Humoh not a right back
Do we have nobody who could captain
Is this where we are now,substituting a centre forward for Joe Allen,returning from injury and clearly shot to pieces. Why bring the lad back in the first place .
More questions than answers

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Southampton v Swansea City : Match day thread on 20:29 - Dec 26 with 1390 viewsReslovenSwan1

Southampton v Swansea City : Match day thread on 18:13 - Dec 26 by shingle

Say`s the guy who believes our owners are the best thing since slice bread and have put all there money into the club.

The owners are the owners. I have repeatedly stated they need to work better and get the club moving. NO ONE ELSE can make the required changes. Jenkins was allegedly a "failed roofer". Coleman and Gude have brains and business acumen to spare. Now they have to prove their big talk. They also quite importantly cover deficits which means local firms continue to get paid.

Gude has talked about "business culture". This business culture is "short term fix" since Steve Cooper brought in multiple loans. He legacy was nil. He gave Cooper and Cullen a run out here or there but he built nothing and left an aging Bennett and a sulking Whitaker and Goykeres.

Martin bequeathed Wood, Downes Darling and Fisher. More hits than misses. FIVE in FIVE out makes the talks of rebuilding practically impossible and will see the like of Ntjoe, Kukharevic, Tymon Parker and Azeem decline and get demoralised as happened with super talented Whitaker and Goykeres.

The Martinez / Brendan evolving squad had one elite loan at one time Gomez then 6 month Borini. A guy came from Ipswich and did not play .

Southampton v Swansea City : Match day thread on 21:36 - Dec 26 with 1226 viewsWhiterockin

Southampton v Swansea City : Match day thread on 20:29 - Dec 26 by ReslovenSwan1

The owners are the owners. I have repeatedly stated they need to work better and get the club moving. NO ONE ELSE can make the required changes. Jenkins was allegedly a "failed roofer". Coleman and Gude have brains and business acumen to spare. Now they have to prove their big talk. They also quite importantly cover deficits which means local firms continue to get paid.

Gude has talked about "business culture". This business culture is "short term fix" since Steve Cooper brought in multiple loans. He legacy was nil. He gave Cooper and Cullen a run out here or there but he built nothing and left an aging Bennett and a sulking Whitaker and Goykeres.

Martin bequeathed Wood, Downes Darling and Fisher. More hits than misses. FIVE in FIVE out makes the talks of rebuilding practically impossible and will see the like of Ntjoe, Kukharevic, Tymon Parker and Azeem decline and get demoralised as happened with super talented Whitaker and Goykeres.

The Martinez / Brendan evolving squad had one elite loan at one time Gomez then 6 month Borini. A guy came from Ipswich and did not play .

After all you have said we are failing because the investors are making massive mistakes because they know F all about how to run a football club successfully. It has nothing to do with Goykeres, other players or the trust. The buck stops at the top with who they employ and how the club is run. The more they balls up the more money they lose in a season, the more money they need to find. Open your eyes and face reality and stop trying to extract the urine from supporters.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Southampton v Swansea City : Match day thread on 21:58 - Dec 26 with 1161 viewsDracan66

We can blame the recruitment and players but until the American owners are removed from this club we will not progress.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024