Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boxing AJ v Dubois 10:57 - Sep 20 with 5562 viewsthemodfather

i like AJ and have watched nearly all his fights , if he wins he is a 3 time world champion but if he does not win early i am going for a DUBOIS WIN in 8 by KO .
based on recent fights by the boxers, Dubois had Uysk down for 5 mins, but it was called a low blow, disputed to this day, he beat miller and unbeaten rated Hrgovic? AJ fought a non boxer, beat Helennuis who had 2 fights in weeks then failed a drugs test and a non top 10 Wallin. and Franklin, few had heard of. i can't see this being a slow , holding fight, more explosive and hopefully decisive.
Boxing AJ v Dubois on 11:31 - Sep 20 with 4411 viewsMonkey_Roots

I used to like Joshua, especially around that fight against Klitchsko - what a comeback and an uppercut.

That was before he started ranting on he mic after every fight, throwing Usyk's belts out the ring, and saying 'It is what it is' last time out... I just don't like the bloke.

He has looked better in his recent fights, more destructive, but there is always that chin to worry about.

I hope Dubois finishes AJs career, but neither will threaten the all-time greats in the HW division, regardless of becoming a 3 time world champ.
[Post edited 20 Sep 11:35]
Boxing AJ v Dubois on 12:11 - Sep 20 with 4276 viewsdaveB

AJ has looked a lot better the last few fights, I think he'll win and hope he does. Been great for the heavyweight division and hasn't ducked anyone, really made the most of his ability, I would love to see him fight Fury but doubt it will ever happen especially if Usyk beats Fury again
Boxing AJ v Dubois on 14:41 - Sep 20 with 4006 viewsbosh67

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/articles/c4gxnz5nj79o

Dubois seems like such a good guy and a good soul. Very impressed.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Boxing AJ v Dubois on 22:29 - Sep 21 with 3494 viewsSimonJames

Surely that's the end of Joshua's career now!

100% of people who drink water will die.

Boxing AJ v Dubois on 22:30 - Sep 21 with 3478 viewsbosh67

Dubois has just absolutely destroyed AJ. Not sure what was up with AJ tonight? He didn't seem to have any confidence. Dubois completely pulverised him and is a very serious contender for anyone. Not sure where AJ goes from here but he just wasn't at it. Dubois is the real deal though.
[Post edited 21 Sep 22:32]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Boxing AJ v Dubois on 22:33 - Sep 21 with 3419 viewspaulparker

I’ve been calling AJ a poor man’s Frank Bruno for years and I’ve been proved right
AJ is one the most overrated boxers of all time
Hopefully this is the end of him and that bellend Eddie Hearn

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Boxing AJ v Dubois on 23:08 - Sep 21 with 3238 viewsLblock

“A body builder who can throw a punch”
Never a truer word

WTF are these Hagler Hearns comparisons post fight?
Fcuk off!!

Dubois went a round early for my bet but in truth was all done in round one
Credit AJ for staying up until he was sparko’d but give it up now fella! I’d say he’ll take a last big pay day with Fury when they do a losers fight but for a fraction of what it would have been years ago

Enjoyed the Saudi anthem at Wembley for two British boxers by the way

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Boxing AJ v Dubois on 23:13 - Sep 21 with 3213 viewspaulparker

Boxing AJ v Dubois on 23:08 - Sep 21 by Lblock

“A body builder who can throw a punch”
Never a truer word

WTF are these Hagler Hearns comparisons post fight?
Fcuk off!!

Dubois went a round early for my bet but in truth was all done in round one
Credit AJ for staying up until he was sparko’d but give it up now fella! I’d say he’ll take a last big pay day with Fury when they do a losers fight but for a fraction of what it would have been years ago

Enjoyed the Saudi anthem at Wembley for two British boxers by the way

Totally agree mate
SKY making out this was a 50-50 fight with a punch from Dubois to finish it
Utter scandalous
Hearts vs Hagler it wasn’t
Still the best bit was watching Eddie Hearn dying inside as his golden goose has been cooked

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

Boxing AJ v Dubois on 23:24 - Sep 21 with 3132 viewsToast_R

Joshua was shocking. Started like QPR today. Got caught stupidly at the end of the first round and never recovered. He's had a good career but he should pack it in now because that was embarrassingly all too easy for Dubois.
Boxing AJ v Dubois on 23:36 - Sep 21 with 3086 viewsbosh67

Dubois just has a tomahawk of a left jab.

Never knowingly right.

Boxing AJ v Dubois on 00:03 - Sep 22 with 2987 viewsHAYESBOY

Back to being a posty.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Boxing AJ v Dubois on 00:26 - Sep 22 with 2912 viewsBoston

Boxing AJ v Dubois on 00:03 - Sep 22 by HAYESBOY

Back to being a posty.

Cheques in the mail.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Boxing AJ v Dubois on 01:54 - Sep 22 with 2785 viewsParkRoyalR

Boxing AJ v Dubois on 00:26 - Sep 22 by Boston

Cheques in the mail.

Ruiz showed up AJ for the bully he was and is, showed he wasn't a real fighter when he ran away from Ruiz in their re-match, lacked ability and class and Dubois will be a far worthier champion.
Boxing AJ v Dubois on 07:53 - Sep 22 with 2426 viewsLimehouseR

Boxing is a joke of a sport.

Until they have a system that means promoters can't just pick and choose who fights who it will always only be about money.
Have a ranking system or a league table so that fights have to be scheduled based on ability or who's turn it is to fight who.
AJ and Fury should have happened YEARS ago. If it ever does happen now it won't be as entertaining or meaningful. Neither are champions and both are probably past their prime.
AJ should retire now or go back to fighting opponents at his level.
Boxing AJ v Dubois on 07:54 - Sep 22 with 2413 viewsHAYESBOY

I see Hearn is asking for a re match. FFS!

Smells like a trout farm in here

Boxing AJ v Dubois on 09:19 - Sep 22 with 2057 viewsSonofpugwash

Boxing AJ v Dubois on 23:36 - Sep 21 by bosh67

Always thought Joshua had a glass jaw.Looked drugged/pissed to me.
Unjustifiably arrogant boxer and that's the Fury payday fight screwed probably.
I had Dubois on at 7/2 - nice lttle earner.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Boxing AJ v Dubois on 09:43 - Sep 22 with 1983 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Boxing AJ v Dubois on 23:36 - Sep 21 by bosh67

Is it me, or could/should that fight have been stopped a couple of drops earlier than it was?

As said above: AJ should surely stop now for his own health.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Boxing AJ v Dubois on 09:50 - Sep 22 with 1961 viewsPhildo

Very odd - AJ looked like he had never boxed before - hands low chin high. Suspect Fury loses again next and then we get those two again at Wembley for a final payday
Boxing AJ v Dubois on 11:18 - Sep 22 with 1814 viewsdaveB

Joshua was dreadful and to fight a puncher like Dubois with his hands down and chin out was ridiculous but credit to Dubouis who took advantage and that punch to finish it when he was in a bit of trouble was sensational

Feel for AJ, gets a lot of stick but had a great career and made the most of his ability
Boxing AJ v Dubois on 11:31 - Sep 22 with 1745 viewsconnell10

The heavyweight division from what I can see is very poor , imagine what Mike Tyson in his pomp would do to these bums , make mince meat of them.
[Post edited 22 Sep 11:39]

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Boxing AJ v Dubois on 11:43 - Sep 22 with 1680 viewsdanehoop

Boxing AJ v Dubois on 11:31 - Sep 22 by connell10

The heavyweight division from what I can see is very poor , imagine what Mike Tyson in his pomp would do to these bums , make mince meat of them.
[Post edited 22 Sep 11:39]

Just baffling advice from his corner each round though, basically keep trying to walk into Dubois's over hand right. In the final knockout exchange AJ has finally landed punches but in doing so walked into the overhand right again. Insanity - honestly think corner had a lot to answer for in that performance, Dubois bangs, has a good chin but until last night isnt that disciplined and mobile. Basically move, do not get hit and start with the jab. Madness.

That said, fair play to Dubois, he definitely stepped up a level last night, kept to his game plan and was all over AJ from the Bell. Still think Uysk is a class above them all though on that showing.

Never knowingly understood

Boxing AJ v Dubois on 12:09 - Sep 22 with 1571 viewsbosh67

Boxing AJ v Dubois on 11:43 - Sep 22 by danehoop

Just baffling advice from his corner each round though, basically keep trying to walk into Dubois's over hand right. In the final knockout exchange AJ has finally landed punches but in doing so walked into the overhand right again. Insanity - honestly think corner had a lot to answer for in that performance, Dubois bangs, has a good chin but until last night isnt that disciplined and mobile. Basically move, do not get hit and start with the jab. Madness.

That said, fair play to Dubois, he definitely stepped up a level last night, kept to his game plan and was all over AJ from the Bell. Still think Uysk is a class above them all though on that showing.

Yes, I agree I think Uysk is on a level of his own but Dobois in the mood he was in last night could cause him some troubles. I like AJ, he's always very good in interviews and does a lot of good things in the community.

Sometimes he gets into a ring, is really focussed, goes to work and dispatches what's in front of him, but then he also often comes out, like last night, and looks ragged and there for the taking. You don't know which AJ you are going to get. He's the boxing equivalent of QPR really!

Never knowingly right.

Boxing AJ v Dubois on 12:15 - Sep 22 with 1557 viewsDavieQPR

All this 'I won't kick off in the ring' rubbish. He used to be okay until he got arrogant Took his eye off his main job.
Boxing AJ v Dubois on 12:31 - Sep 22 with 1496 viewsParkRoyalR

Boxing AJ v Dubois on 12:15 - Sep 22 by DavieQPR

All this 'I won't kick off in the ring' rubbish. He used to be okay until he got arrogant Took his eye off his main job.

Good job he did'nt he would have got ironed out again,

What a thing to say, the bloke is a deluded idiot,

Reminds me of when Groves told De Gale when you're in the middle of the ring, without your trainers instructions, you're lost...and the same applied to Joshua...

Got tagged early & just did'nt learn, Fury would have weathered that storm, but like the Ruiz first fight, Joshua went running in guard down & got knocked out...

Student of the sport he referred to himself as once, yeah right.
Boxing AJ v Dubois on 13:20 - Sep 22 with 1412 viewsthemodfather

well dubois in 5, and he battered a "lost" AJ , how quick did the ground empty after the fight? few fancied DD , i cannot see where AJ goes now, he has been taken to the cleaners twice by USYK, battered by Dubois, ko'd by Ruiz and cannot take a punch anymore.

i recall carl frampton saying he was talking to AJ after the Kiltschko fight and he said AJ commented he doesn't want to go that deep into the well again! that was before Ruiz fight.
if AJ carries on he will be a punch bag for others to be measured against. a bum! he should retire, he has the cash and can do so with some head held up high.
dubois v parker likely next.
rematch? lol
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024