Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How long does Ainsworth get? 11:52 - Apr 2 with 25248 views1JD

- 5 defeats in the opening 6 games.
- A football style that is borderline unwatchable.
- Losses to R’ham, Blackpool, Brum, Wigan.
- Rambling interviews that have same sentences that contradict.
- A decision to radically change the style of play, at a critical juncture, that doesn’t fit the players one bit.

To be frank, I’ve never witnessed such a squad-manager mismatch, and I find the appointment unfathomable on so many levels. A great man, for sure. But never in a million years is this a good fit.

Critchley had 12 games. Ainsworth, by the season end, will have had 13 games.

I’m not sure the players believe in Ainsworth. His methods and philosophies are alien to them. Never been an advocate for a rapid change, but the situation has become absolutely dire. Does the club need to act now to give us a fighting chance? As it stands, we are going down.
How long does Ainsworth get? on 17:43 - Apr 2 with 3844 viewswesty

How long does Ainsworth get? on 17:30 - Apr 2 by Rangersw12

He hasn't proven anything in the Championship though.

Tbf but for Derby somehow flouting and getting away with the ffp then wycombe would have stayed up. With Covid meaning no supporters in the grounds which would hurt wycombe at home more than some,and a tiny budget, that in itself was a good achievement which I agree ultimately ended in relegation.
Bit lame to say not in the championship as how do you prove yourself if not given the chance.

Given time with his own players buying into his beliefs then I think it can work but that’s just my opinion.

However not with this bunch of pampered pussies.
How long does Ainsworth get? on 18:36 - Apr 2 with 3661 viewsWegerles_Stairs

How long does Ainsworth get? on 17:07 - Apr 2 by paulparker

Decent fella but a dreadful manager , for that appointment alone Les should have been shown the door

Still reckon Ramsey should have been appointed till the end of the season. The instability caused by appointing one kind of manager, sacking him, then appointing his opposite is there for everyone to see. Almost as though they don't know what they're doing.
How long does Ainsworth get? on 02:12 - Apr 3 with 3422 viewsUPPERLOFTNZ

We'll be playing in league one next season and he's already proven to be one of the best league one managers, with zero budget. have a clear out then re build, we'll be back in the championship in 5-10 years..

Football is Faith
Poll: OK.. Next season. Where do you think we will finish?

How long does Ainsworth get? on 02:34 - Apr 3 with 3415 viewsSydneyRs

Tough one.

He's inherited an absolute shitshow and a team with zero confidence, many of whom don't want to be here and won't be in a few weeks. Add to that a horrendous injury list and its not hard to see why things have gone the way they've gone.

You feel like several players just aren't having him which was the same problem Critchley had. They came for Beale and he sodded off. Dislike him as I do, he's done well at Rangers so far and the only games they haven't won were two v Celtic (one draw, one cup final defeat). The marketing/self promotion BS still flows from his mouth in the same way up there and his biggest problem is that Celtic are stronger and also barely ever drop points.

Regardless of whether we go down or not, Ainsworth needs to be given a chance to put together his own squad and at least a chunk of next season to see what he can do. Changing the manager over and over just doesn't work. In time I think Ainsworth will prove to be a great man manager and that's probably what we need now once the want aways and loans are gone. I hear a lot of praise for Warnock and rightly so given his achievements, but he's not exactly a purveyor of beautiful football either. He's a motivator first and foremost and I feel like Ainsworth has similar qualities if he's given time.

Ultimately though Warburton should still be here.
How long does Ainsworth get? on 03:11 - Apr 3 with 3399 viewsnumptydumpty

What a load of tosh !!

That's it.

Pay off another managers four year contract in full. That's clever.

Ainsworth has been appointed because if we go down this man knows how to get a tune out of a team in league one with no resources. We will have more than Wycombe.

If we stay up, which I still believe we can, he has the ability and knowledge to know players that will fight for the cause. It was clear before that this group get easily demoralised.

We will lose our so called better players at end of this season. There will be some money in the bank and he has track record getting a tune out of limited players.

Anyone who thinks sacking the manager AGAIN is correct after SIX games, who would you appoint !!!!

Some people 🤣

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

How long does Ainsworth get? on 08:22 - Apr 3 with 3295 viewsNorthantsHoop

How long does Ainsworth get? on 03:11 - Apr 3 by numptydumpty

What a load of tosh !!

That's it.

Pay off another managers four year contract in full. That's clever.

Ainsworth has been appointed because if we go down this man knows how to get a tune out of a team in league one with no resources. We will have more than Wycombe.

If we stay up, which I still believe we can, he has the ability and knowledge to know players that will fight for the cause. It was clear before that this group get easily demoralised.

We will lose our so called better players at end of this season. There will be some money in the bank and he has track record getting a tune out of limited players.

Anyone who thinks sacking the manager AGAIN is correct after SIX games, who would you appoint !!!!

Some people 🤣

Yep stick with it, let's face it been awful all season especially at home. We have a bunch of soft poser footballers, personally clear them all out and start again, whether that is in the Championship or League 1.
How long does Ainsworth get? on 08:51 - Apr 3 with 3251 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Whatever happens this season, I'd give him the summer, a clearout and see what the morrow brings. (so to speak)

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

How long does Ainsworth get? on 09:14 - Apr 3 with 3202 viewsRs_Holy

How long does Ainsworth get? on 08:51 - Apr 3 by Metallica_Hoop

Whatever happens this season, I'd give him the summer, a clearout and see what the morrow brings. (so to speak)

Manager inherits a broken, injured squad, with a losing 'couldn't care less', mentality .... manager gets the sack 6 matches later... Even QPR couldn't dream up this scenario... or could they?
Login to get fewer ads

How long does Ainsworth get? on 09:20 - Apr 3 with 3187 viewsSouthAfricanRanger

He gets at least 2 years. Firing managers every 3 months is not a clever thing so unsure of this post

DonnieR

How long does Ainsworth get? on 09:35 - Apr 3 with 3131 viewsfrancisbowles

How long does Ainsworth get? on 17:07 - Apr 2 by paulparker

Decent fella but a dreadful manager , for that appointment alone Les should have been shown the door

Agree that Les has had long enough but Critchley was a decent manager at Blackpool.
How long does Ainsworth get? on 10:21 - Apr 3 with 3032 viewsloftboy

If we go down this season it’s 100% not Ainsworths fault, we can’t keep sacking managers it’s ridiculous, give him next season whatever the division and see how it plays out.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

How long does Ainsworth get? on 10:41 - Apr 3 with 2972 viewstoboboly

The OP has made clear in previous posts that they aren't a fan of Ainsworth in any way shape or form. However he gets as much time as he need from me.

It. Is. Not. The. Manager. That. Is. The. Problem.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

How long does Ainsworth get? on 11:42 - Apr 3 with 2915 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Something is rotten in our club, and 4 managers in 12 months tells us that it is not them. Ainsworth has to be kept now until the end of the season but he wont keep us up. We are gone.
This club is f@cked as it has no clear direction and that is down to the DoF. I loved Les as a player, absolute legend, however he has no clue about running a club. He needs to go.

How can we go from playing 'the QPR way" to hoof ball if Les wanted us to play in a certain way?
Thankfully this is my last season as a ST holder for a couple of years as my boys off to Uni, but if he wasn't I wouldn't renew as the football is going to be awful under Ainsworth.
Completely the wrong appointment, and that is on the DoF.
How long does Ainsworth get? on 13:19 - Apr 3 with 2804 viewsMonkey_Roots

How long does Ainsworth get? on 17:30 - Apr 2 by Rangersw12

He hasn't proven anything in the Championship though.

Neither have we.

L1 next year, and his appointment will prove to be a shrewd move in a season chock full of shambolic ones.

Hilarious that anyone is even remotely suggesting that GA should go... you're actually mental.
How long does Ainsworth get? on 14:58 - Apr 3 with 2719 viewsHarbour

Yes got to give him a chance to build his own team an argument you could say for keeping Critchley. Can’t see him being sacked if we go down. He will get the chance to clear out the current crop of wasters, Also I don’t think any other manager even Warnock who I respect the most could get anything out of the current squad to stop us going down.The only thing I can’t fathom is how so many players form has dipped so badly Dickie Dunne Jojo even field shadow of there previous form…
How long does Ainsworth get? on 16:10 - Apr 3 with 2621 viewshighleverhoopL

How long does Ainsworth get? on 11:42 - Apr 3 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Something is rotten in our club, and 4 managers in 12 months tells us that it is not them. Ainsworth has to be kept now until the end of the season but he wont keep us up. We are gone.
This club is f@cked as it has no clear direction and that is down to the DoF. I loved Les as a player, absolute legend, however he has no clue about running a club. He needs to go.

How can we go from playing 'the QPR way" to hoof ball if Les wanted us to play in a certain way?
Thankfully this is my last season as a ST holder for a couple of years as my boys off to Uni, but if he wasn't I wouldn't renew as the football is going to be awful under Ainsworth.
Completely the wrong appointment, and that is on the DoF.

I have always thought that I would keep renewing come what may, but if they sacked GA and LF kept his job I think that would be the it for the time being. If you were starting again and knew what we know now, you wouldn't hire LF as DoF. So why is he still here?
How long does Ainsworth get? on 17:02 - Apr 3 with 2549 viewsJuzzie

Ian Holloway joined us in February 2001 but couldn't avoid the drop into the third tier such was the disarray at the club.

Whilst this time around isn't as bad and relegation isn't as assured as it was then but never say never.

So, how long does Ainsworth get..... how about ask this question at Christmas, eh.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2023 17:17]
How long does Ainsworth get? on 17:08 - Apr 3 with 2521 viewsRangersw12

Regardless of the division next season he needs to change his style of play if he wants to keep his job
How long does Ainsworth get? on 22:28 - Apr 3 with 2320 viewsMonkey_Roots

How long does Ainsworth get? on 17:08 - Apr 3 by Rangersw12

Regardless of the division next season he needs to change his style of play if he wants to keep his job

I think what we’ve seen so far, is what he feels is the best approach with the players he has available, on a game by game basis.

It’s obviously a car wreck.

I can’t believe you are judging him on his style of play at this point in time - he needs a goal, a win, a point, a positive… By any means necessary.

I’ll judge him once things have settled down, he’s had a chance to bring players in and work with the squad away from this freak show of a season.
How long does Ainsworth get? on 09:28 - Apr 4 with 2196 viewsdaveB

How long does Ainsworth get? on 17:02 - Apr 3 by Juzzie

Ian Holloway joined us in February 2001 but couldn't avoid the drop into the third tier such was the disarray at the club.

Whilst this time around isn't as bad and relegation isn't as assured as it was then but never say never.

So, how long does Ainsworth get..... how about ask this question at Christmas, eh.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2023 17:17]

Even though the results were not good under Holloway we did see a change in mindset, real effort from the team and some small green shoots of recovery, likes of Andy Thompson, Marcus Bignot added something to build on. Sadly i'm not seeing any of that at the moment

Ainsworth came into a tough situation but not into a team in the bottom 3/4, we were 8 points clear of relegation when he came in.

if we go down I'd sack him
[Post edited 4 Apr 2023 9:29]
How long does Ainsworth get? on 10:05 - Apr 4 with 2127 viewstraininvain

How long does Ainsworth get? on 09:28 - Apr 4 by daveB

Even though the results were not good under Holloway we did see a change in mindset, real effort from the team and some small green shoots of recovery, likes of Andy Thompson, Marcus Bignot added something to build on. Sadly i'm not seeing any of that at the moment

Ainsworth came into a tough situation but not into a team in the bottom 3/4, we were 8 points clear of relegation when he came in.

It’s a strange one as the appointment of Ainsworth felt a bit like the club acknowledging that we’re heading for League One and the players seem to have reacted accordingly. League One is where Ainsworth’s thrived as a manager after all.

I think it was a poor appointment for this reason and it clearly hasn’t worked. Now we’re in a situation whereby Ainsworth’s likely to have the stigma of a relegation to overcome with our supporters, assuming he stays in the job. Most of the goodwill he had with the fans will have been burnt.

It’s yet another poor decision as the club would’ve been better off keeping Critchley until the end of this season and then bringing in Ainsworth if we’d been relegated to try and galvanise the fan base. Instead, we’ve ended up with the worst of both worlds.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2023 10:08]
How long does Ainsworth get? on 10:37 - Apr 4 with 2070 viewsNorthernr

Crikey.

Things are bad. Dave and Saffa have flipped.
How long does Ainsworth get? on 10:43 - Apr 4 with 2044 viewsTK1

Yeah, Olly added Thomson and Bignot because he could sign players, Dave, unlike Ainsworth who came after the January window. And you may remember "real effort from the team and green shoots of recovery" (arf!) but he joined on 26 February and we won ONE game before the end of the season, on April 16th 2-1 v Tranmere. It was absolutely desperate. We lost 0-3 to Stockport with the fastest, maddest sending off I've ever seen. We lost 1-3 at home to Blackburn when we had to win and barely laid a glove on them. We were all there at Huddersfield when we trotted out carrying a white flag. There was no mentality shift anywhere other than on the touch line. It was a bit like now in that respect.

Let's not rewrite history. Olly didn't take over a bottom three team either, it understandably took IH a good year to really sort it out. Like Ainsworth, he had to start again from scratch.

Ainsworth OBVIOUSLY needs a window (or two), a preseason. If we've appointed Gareth Ainsworth, given him a Mark Warburton and Mick Beale squad you can't sack him for not getting a totally different tune from them. Critchley was the continuity candidate. Aisnworth is Year Zero, rip it up and let's start from scratch. You can't do that in two months. He just has to bodge a couple of results out now and then regroup.

I am willing to bet that whichever division we are in next year there will massive changes behind the scenes. At least one of Hoos and LF will leave, probably both, there'll be wholesale staffing changes by Ainsworth too. We'll probably have a new DOF (Steve Gallen must have worked with Gareth), a new CEO and it will all be geared around GA's idea of culture, for better or worse, with half of his old Wycombe crew joining probably. I imagine it's a lot worse under the bonnet than he imagined.

But sacking him because he couldn't reverse a losing streak that goes back to October (and in truth goes back to January 2022, with a three month mirage last autumn) without a window to change the squad...is demented. It's going to take a while because it's been a mess for a while. Firing manager after manager is daft. You know that. I know you know that really.
How long does Ainsworth get? on 11:55 - Apr 4 with 1944 viewsdaveB

How long does Ainsworth get? on 10:43 - Apr 4 by TK1

Yeah, Olly added Thomson and Bignot because he could sign players, Dave, unlike Ainsworth who came after the January window. And you may remember "real effort from the team and green shoots of recovery" (arf!) but he joined on 26 February and we won ONE game before the end of the season, on April 16th 2-1 v Tranmere. It was absolutely desperate. We lost 0-3 to Stockport with the fastest, maddest sending off I've ever seen. We lost 1-3 at home to Blackburn when we had to win and barely laid a glove on them. We were all there at Huddersfield when we trotted out carrying a white flag. There was no mentality shift anywhere other than on the touch line. It was a bit like now in that respect.

Let's not rewrite history. Olly didn't take over a bottom three team either, it understandably took IH a good year to really sort it out. Like Ainsworth, he had to start again from scratch.

Ainsworth OBVIOUSLY needs a window (or two), a preseason. If we've appointed Gareth Ainsworth, given him a Mark Warburton and Mick Beale squad you can't sack him for not getting a totally different tune from them. Critchley was the continuity candidate. Aisnworth is Year Zero, rip it up and let's start from scratch. You can't do that in two months. He just has to bodge a couple of results out now and then regroup.

I am willing to bet that whichever division we are in next year there will massive changes behind the scenes. At least one of Hoos and LF will leave, probably both, there'll be wholesale staffing changes by Ainsworth too. We'll probably have a new DOF (Steve Gallen must have worked with Gareth), a new CEO and it will all be geared around GA's idea of culture, for better or worse, with half of his old Wycombe crew joining probably. I imagine it's a lot worse under the bonnet than he imagined.

But sacking him because he couldn't reverse a losing streak that goes back to October (and in truth goes back to January 2022, with a three month mirage last autumn) without a window to change the squad...is demented. It's going to take a while because it's been a mess for a while. Firing manager after manager is daft. You know that. I know you know that really.

Not re writing history, we were 4th bottom but had been in the bottom 3 most of that season and he came in on the back of 5 goal defeats at Wimbledon and Preston, a 5-2 at Sheff Wed. We were awful. We did show some signs of fight and effort, lost and drew a few games we were unlucky in (Crewe away and Grimsby home) and only lost that Huddersfield game in the last minute when we threw everyone forward so he had a bit of credit in the bank ahead of a rebuild. You could at least see what Holloway was trying to do and he was creating a bit of a togetherness around the club.

I don't want Ainsworth to go and I've never been one to call for managers heads especially after 6 games but we are getting worse with each performance, the style of play, the lack of a midfield, the Haka and the everything is great really interviews are massive alarm bells for me, it looks an absolute car crash, a living nightmare

Ainsworth isn't to blame for how we got here, the buck stops with Ferdinand and he should certainly go, I'm amazed he hasn't already ahead of what looks an ugly afternoon on Friday. I just look at it and think despite all the problems we were 8 points clear and about to face 4 of the teams below and we've been battered by 3 of them and even lost at Wigan showing absolutely nothing. If this continues I don't see how anyone can have confidence in him being in charge of this rebuild and it breaks my heart to say that

If you look at managers who have managed more than 10 games at QPR (he's had 17) he has the worst record in our history, lost 67% of his matches (Bill Dodgin 61% and Mark Hughes 58% the next 2 in line) certainly unfair of me to point that out as a few of those were as caretaker and he's taken over a mess but it's not a great start and really the point of him coming in was to give us a boost, get a few wins and rebuild in the summer, to not even get that so far is a massive worry.

If we go down then I don't see how anyone on the football side of the club from DOF to first team coach can have any complaints about being sacked
How long does Ainsworth get? on 12:02 - Apr 4 with 1921 viewsdaveB

How long does Ainsworth get? on 10:37 - Apr 4 by Northernr

Crikey.

Things are bad. Dave and Saffa have flipped.

yeah it's not great, got to record a preview show for hoops and dreams tonight and it's likely to be just me banging my head against the wall shouting we're doomed
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024