Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Verbals - from WLS 10:23 - Feb 18 with 7832 viewsMaggsinho

Obviously saw Charlie celebrate in front of their bench last night but missed there was quite so much bad feeling out there.

I hope you don’t s*** the bed again like you did last year’

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-qpr-bees-feisty-derby?utm_campaign=
Verbals - from WLS on 11:46 - Feb 18 with 2467 viewssimmo

Verbals - from WLS on 11:26 - Feb 18 by PinnerPaul

Talking of verbals

Did anyone else notice that Barbet and Chair had to be separated by Cameron right near the end?

Just after that last shot that led to their last corner.

Think Barbet thought that Chair was faffing about in pen area, but only seen once, I thought he never really got a chance to get it away.

I did see that and it's a good thing. Chair dallied slightly and Barbet of all people demanded a foot through it. Not a bad thing to demand ownership and standards mid-game.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Verbals - from WLS on 11:57 - Feb 18 with 2426 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Verbals - from WLS on 11:00 - Feb 18 by Mick_S

Verbals - from WLS on 12:01 - Feb 18 with 2408 viewsMick_S

Verbals - from WLS on 11:57 - Feb 18 by CroydonCaptJack

My pleasure mate.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Verbals - from WLS on 12:06 - Feb 18 with 2385 viewsthemodfather

good to see some verbals and qpr's reaction to taking the lead and winning was great to see.
but BRENTFORD GO DOWN EASILY, cheat the ref and get others booked, why wasn't their goalie booked for blocking us at the end , when we tried to break and he was 90 yards from his goal? a blatant block and nothing? i thought the ref was ok but bees tactics , like many teams are diabolical.
Verbals - from WLS on 12:20 - Feb 18 with 2329 viewsJuzzie

Verbals - from WLS on 10:56 - Feb 18 by DieByYourSide

Previous with Charlie and Brentford is their arrogance during the promotion run-in, with them believing they'd catch West Brom and Leeds (whose fans also now have a bit of a dislike of them), see also the Marcondes comments about Fulham being scared to face them before the play-off final.

For a supposedly plucky, likeable little club they've rubbed a lot of people up the wrong way with their entitled attitude

Also everyone Thomas Frank comes into contact with seems to think he's a c*nt. Probably a coincidence...
[Post edited 18 Feb 2021 10:58]

"For a supposedly plucky, likeable little club they've rubbed a lot of people up the wrong way with their entitled attitude".

Feels to me Brentford are trying to play the 'Wimbledon' game of being the plucky underdogs achieving success but actually going about it completely wrong.
Verbals - from WLS on 12:28 - Feb 18 with 2287 viewsShotKneesHoop

Verbals - from WLS on 11:00 - Feb 18 by Mick_S

"These here are half price" ....... was the Brentford Nylons catch phrase -

Maybe we should start using it again.

I think Brentford could be on the verge of another blow up. Dearie me.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Verbals - from WLS on 13:15 - Feb 18 with 2125 viewsParkRoyalR

Verbals - from WLS on 10:45 - Feb 18 by Konk

I think it’s a reference to Brentford choking with automatic in their hands, and then failing to turn-up at Wembley (again). Well done on the win last night - well chuffed to see that.

Parker's superb assist, Raya's comedy dive, Brentford players with head in hands, brilliant...

Shame their usual 9,000 play-off attendees couldn't be there to witness another choke!
Verbals - from WLS on 13:32 - Feb 18 with 2034 viewsSuperhoops2808

I also think not enough credit is given to Charlie and he has always said he is passionate about this club, so he will have known how much it meant to all of us as supporters too

Not only that, we've been moaning for months that there is not enough vocals on the pitch, I think Charlie could do it for all of them

I genuinely think he will sign a contract with us in the Summer
Login to get fewer ads

Verbals - from WLS on 13:45 - Feb 18 with 1978 viewsdanehoop

Verbals - from WLS on 11:43 - Feb 18 by daveB

I thought Deing was gonna chin Chair, he was fuming

That will all be sorted and forgotten about soon enough. They were all really passionate about getting the win over the line and hyper pumped up. Walking off with the win after all of the hardwork will go a long way to settling things down.

I enjoy that they visibly care so much now and suddenly seem to have become a lot more vocal since Chaz arrived. We have gone from being everyone's favourite quiet and polite team to play against, to suddenly loud and physical, with a light smattering of the dark arts for good measure. I like it, has the feel of the Warnock spine that we after been searching for a while.

Never knowingly understood

Verbals - from WLS on 13:56 - Feb 18 with 1925 viewsfrancisbowles

Verbals - from WLS on 11:14 - Feb 18 by PinnerPaul

Yep and he said that they were only good for the first half hour.

Said it was a scrappy game, we got the bounce of the ball first goal, but that our 2nd was a good goal - didn't moan about the deflection or the ref (as his staff and Toney did after the match).

Never mentioned Charlie's celeb either.

Thanks Pinner. I hadn't registered most of that.

I thought Mr Ward was very good last night. Kept the lid on a feisty affair. The Dieng booking was a bit weird but he probably felt he had to send a message about time wasting and booking the goalkeeper late in the game should be less harmful to card totals than giving a defender a yellow. All the other bookings were correct and not much point in carding the Brentford keeper at that stage. All the decisions major and minor were pretty fair and accurate as well.
Verbals - from WLS on 16:40 - Feb 18 with 1747 viewsPinnerPaul

Verbals - from WLS on 11:43 - Feb 18 by simmo

I forgot about that with Austin! He got all sorts of grief for that and doubled down on it too. Hogan the same - I bet he enjoyed watching that!

Wasn't it to do with the offy Brentford twitter account posting "What PL grounds are you looking forward to visiting?" BEFORE the Fulham game?

Think a lot in the game took exception to that and not just Charlie and Hogan.

I'm not on twitter so only read that '2nd hand'.
Verbals - from WLS on 16:43 - Feb 18 with 1738 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Verbals - from WLS on 16:40 - Feb 18 by PinnerPaul

Wasn't it to do with the offy Brentford twitter account posting "What PL grounds are you looking forward to visiting?" BEFORE the Fulham game?

"Wasn't it to do with the offy Brentford twitter account posting "What PL grounds are you looking forward to visiting?" BEFORE the Fulham game?"

Really?

That's unreal, even by their standards.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Verbals - from WLS on 16:49 - Feb 18 with 1698 viewsBrianMcCarthy

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Verbals - from WLS on 16:55 - Feb 18 with 1671 viewsNorthantsHoop

Verbals - from WLS on 12:20 - Feb 18 by Juzzie

"For a supposedly plucky, likeable little club they've rubbed a lot of people up the wrong way with their entitled attitude".

Feels to me Brentford are trying to play the 'Wimbledon' game of being the plucky underdogs achieving success but actually going about it completely wrong.

I think a lot of it comes from Thomas Frank, I find him quite a repulsive character. I feel he shows a lack of respect for opposing teams, he could barely mention our name and give us due respect for the way we came back last night in his post match interview. Mark Warburton is the total opposite and gives respectful replies and will say if he thinks the opposition played better than us during a game.
Verbals - from WLS on 16:55 - Feb 18 with 1670 viewsJuzzie

Verbals - from WLS on 16:43 - Feb 18 by BrianMcCarthy

"Wasn't it to do with the offy Brentford twitter account posting "What PL grounds are you looking forward to visiting?" BEFORE the Fulham game?"

Really?

That's unreal, even by their standards.

Unofficial blogs, forums, twitter, facebook etc comments like that I can handle but when it comes from the actual club itself, it's rank unprofessionalism and disrespectful to their opponents.

Same with Chelsea in October 2011 prior to 'that' game. Their official match review was appalling. Again, I'd expect that from unofficial places but not from the club itself.

edit: in both cases it backfired. maybe STFU next time?

[Post edited 18 Feb 2021 17:22]
Verbals - from WLS on 17:04 - Feb 18 with 1604 viewsjoolsyp

Verbals - from WLS on 11:26 - Feb 18 by PinnerPaul

Talking of verbals

Did anyone else notice that Barbet and Chair had to be separated by Cameron right near the end?

Just after that last shot that led to their last corner.

Think Barbet thought that Chair was faffing about in pen area, but only seen once, I thought he never really got a chance to get it away.

Dieng also laid into Chair after he failed to clear a ball in the box towards the end which led to a Brentford chance. Actually pushed him - poor Ilias looked a little shocked!
Verbals - from WLS on 17:31 - Feb 18 with 1500 viewsPinnerPaul

Verbals - from WLS on 11:46 - Feb 18 by simmo

I did see that and it's a good thing. Chair dallied slightly and Barbet of all people demanded a foot through it. Not a bad thing to demand ownership and standards mid-game.

Yeah I agree with that, but thought it was a little ott because I couldn't see that Chair did much wrong, but then again I've only seen it once and others have said that Seny was going mad as well, so you and them are probably right!
Verbals - from WLS on 17:39 - Feb 18 with 1479 viewssimmo

Verbals - from WLS on 16:40 - Feb 18 by PinnerPaul

Yeah that's right, that tweet and then the interview from one of their lads (Mercondes I think) talking about not being afraid or similar were the 2 things people took exception to. Not just Fulham but lots of players generally.

Fan stuff apart when you're a player I guess there's a general code of conduct, like with Rugby League and not reporting other players, just a level of respect you all maintain that Brentford obviously ignored.

I remember Mercondes got put on his arse in that game too, which seemed very intentional :-)

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Verbals - from WLS on 18:16 - Feb 18 with 1363 viewsenfieldargh

Verbals - from WLS on 17:04 - Feb 18 by joolsyp

Dieng also laid into Chair after he failed to clear a ball in the box towards the end which led to a Brentford chance. Actually pushed him - poor Ilias looked a little shocked!

Brian put a ink to a new podcast which was OK, not as good as Open al R's however its by Rangers fans for rangers fans so not going to criticise.

Iiias was a guest on this pod and was asked who was the toughest person in the team, who would come out on top of a Royal Rumble.

Without hesitation Iiias proclaimed Seny, describing him a A BEAST!

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Verbals - from WLS on 18:30 - Feb 18 with 1316 viewsGloryHunter

This WLS report lists us as having a player called Duckie
https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/brentford-stunned-as-qpr-win-derby-after-com
Verbals - from WLS on 18:32 - Feb 18 with 1308 viewsWatford_Ranger

Verbals - from WLS on 11:43 - Feb 18 by daveB

I thought Deing was gonna chin Chair, he was fuming

Don’t see that as a bad thing at all. You need your goalkeeper to do that. Imagine Paul Scholes hesitating on the ball in the 93rd minute and Schmeichel saying nothing.
Verbals - from WLS on 18:49 - Feb 18 with 1259 viewskarl

Verbals - from WLS on 18:32 - Feb 18 by Watford_Ranger

Don’t see that as a bad thing at all. You need your goalkeeper to do that. Imagine Paul Scholes hesitating on the ball in the 93rd minute and Schmeichel saying nothing.

We were all vocal at the way we were leaking soft goals through lacking concentration and just not having the desire to keep a clean sheet, we were switching off too often and perhaps expected others to do their work.
This shows where the improvement has come from as well as tactical shape the desire is great to see.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024